Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to Lemuria! Your First Impressions

AuthorMessage
Administrator
After much anticipation and developers swinging from the tree branches in excitement, the Fall Update and Lemuria have arrived!

Update Notes: https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/november2021

Please post your first impressions here!

For all issues, concerns, and ideas around Lemuria, please post them in the Lemuria forums:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/lemuria-8ad6a42a7d325130017d70c5fa0f277b

TO MYSTERY! TO ADVENTURE! TO LEMURIA!

Survivor
Mar 28, 2011
Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
The new blade graphics are way too dark, hard to tell one from the other just looking at them

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Can't wait to go through Lemuria on live. In true Lookit Light fashion, I'm definitely going to collect every unique looking Monstrology House Guest I can.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
Loving it so far, I'm 144 and needed to take a break but so far no issues in terms of game play although I have noticed that in 2 places I've done I guess they are for single players but I could port to my main character in them, the first was a fight the second was just text. I don't know if that was intended so I didn't jot down the notes. Sorry. If need I can try and figure it out.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
Jasmine3429 on Nov 30, 2021 wrote:
The new blade graphics are way too dark, hard to tell one from the other just looking at them
I actually really like the new blade graphics. I also noticed the new updates for the quest journal - thank you for keeping a tab for those of us who don't mind having it the old way - with all of the quests lumped together! I also noticed one other update I'm not sure was mentioned in the update - it now shows a checkmark when you're going to go to a world, when you're at the spiral door. And it seems to have smart technology involved - I had to go to Zafaria for a quest, and it automatically had that door highlighted and checked for me. I thought that was really cool. I didn't have to select it on my own.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2016
Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
I finished Lemuria over all it's nice I liked the story. I did have several bugs in the game I'm hoping will get fixed. The major one was a boss disappearing and having to leave and come back through the back in order for him to appear I think it was the moth boss or some bumble bee. I do have some issues with a few things to mention here mainly on the final battle. Why is there a max damage cap of 9,999 on these bosses? I bladed up to do over 9k and it cut off the damage I did to force me to double hit. That's stinky. Secondly, the duck removes the dots so fire is a sitting duck this fight, the only good hits they have are dots and this fight removes them from dealing any damage. That's also stinky. Third I know you can tp out of this battle to cheat and get more pips but this should not be the case, I was trying to create a strategy that didn't including leaving as an option because I don't think that is how the developers intended the game to be played but it's so much easier to do that.

I would suggest removing the 9k incoming damage cap so we can one hit kill, and removing the dot cheat from the duck boss. My final suggestion is to create a cheat for leaving the battle, so it forces us to deal with this battle without some exploit.

Happy holidays, I hope my post gets noticed by the community and those at KI.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2009
The thought out game play and the story is beautiful. I have only one complaint which is the final boss. we need to make it harder and make a penalty for leaving. I'm super tired of farming with cowards that want to kill the first 4 then just leave to come back to find the rest. To me that is cheating the battle. When I soloed this final battle it was hard and worth my time but now that I play the dungeon with other wizards I see how they exploit the battle and there needs to be a huge crack down on this. Make the final match much more hard and more high risk for leaving and trying to manipulate the battle. P.S. Please add better attack rings and athames. So far there is no reason to even bother with the new gear if it don't top the dragoon set. or at least make it where the new gear has better set stats then the dragoon.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2018
I really enjoyed the aesthetic and music of the world!!! Seeing the progression of world building has been really fun since I breezed through the game while I had time off. I would gladly spend more time in the world and the story was really interesting!!! Lots of potential for what the future of the arc will contain! Daesin was really enjoyable and I was hooked into listening and hearing all the dialogue. Even the various video game references were fun to notice!!! There could even be a part 2 of Lemuria just for more depth and discovery of this lost world.

Combat wise, I went from just one-hitting to using an aoe and a single hit finisher. This was fun to get fresh animations, but also, shadow hits are still unreliable so just using regular pip spells is getting a little boring imo. Most enemy combat was either a breeze or infuriatingly annoying due to being dispelled/stunned/accuracy debuffs. It never felt hard, yet I was challenged by hoping I went first and/or could cast my spell. It didn't feel thoughtful, and the areas blended together as all enemies do the same things. I would love to see different groups of enemies focus on different spell types versus all having the same stuns or accuracy debuffs. The drops also do not feel worthwhile to farm. No couch potatoes/emps, jewels are still hard to get, especially for the combat not being consistent. The heroes along the way was nice to have some immersion, but I never used the spells, and never noticed their boosts. It would be cool if they were more like henchman alongside you vs just with you to walk. The final battle was also interesting, yet still simple to fight in a team. However, I wouldn't want it to get more punishing because there are so many cheats and things going on that 8 bosses would feel too chaotic to want to farm. Very few fights I had to try multiple times unless I got unlucky, which idk if its good or bad. Overall, combat didn't feel like a challenge; I didn't need to worry about doing damage, and the only struggle was knowing if I would be allowed to hit, and if a boss was going to use a strong shadow spell.

Wizard progression wise, I feel there was not enough Arcanum involvement throughout the storyline to feel like we are really strong and are not just running around for no reason. Considering the fact the Arcanum was a large part of unlocking the world, it would have been cool to have to check in after different areas and/or have some Arcanum members follow us into the world for research and to watch us. Stats wise, it felt stagnant. Upgrading from the level 100 gear to the new 150 Merciless builds was nice, but I know Dragoon also has similar strength if not still favored. It would have been cool for the 150 gear to have a larger push in power, whether through stats, gear sets, and or a way to upgrade stats on gear. Spells also haven't felt great imo since for 100 levels I have been using Scarecrow. The new Lemuria spell looks gorgeous and I will upgrade and use it, but shadow pips are not consistent or reliable, and we don't have other aoe spells to hit with. If we had a 7-pip for each world that had similar strength to the level 48 spells, that could be cool just for animation variety. Perhaps unlocked through an early side quest as we study the world and then are able to be more immersed.

Survivor
Nov 18, 2020
Boring, lacking detail, most of the last worlds I feel like everyone speeds through and doesn't care about them. Being able to solo most if not all bosses would be nice in general for the game since a lot of worlds are ignored in the queue, and the likelyhood of running into someone on the same quest is rare.