Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

catch of the day issue *URGENT*

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
Hi,

Today's catch of the day in fishing is apparently the yuletoy fish, but considering the 'christmas in july' event is no longer active as of today, the yuletoy fish is not currently catchable ANYWHERE- meaning my very intentionally kept 30+ day catch of the day streak is about to be cut off, and there's nothing I can do about it. This is incredibly frustrating because I don't see how I could've done anything differently to avoid this, so could something please be done so that my streak (as well as the streaks of every single other wizard who didn't just so happen to be online and fishing after midnight CST last night) doesn't have to be cut off through no fault of our own?

Thank you.

PS. I wasn't sure which page of the message boards would be the most fitting to post this in (since it's extremely time sensitive), so if it needs to be reposted in another location please just let me know and I will do so.

Administrator
Sorry about that, super rare bad timing on the fish happening to come up on the ending day.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
We've encountered this same issue years ago. Many stopped going for the catch-of-the-day (CoD) fish because of it. I proposed a way to prevent this from being an issue ever again but KI did not incorporate my idea so this is the unfortunate result - it continues to happen, begrudging many fisher-wizards, and now more may stop caring to keep the streak, knowing it can and will happen again and again.

My solution was for KI to make a magic potion that restores where we last left off.

I want KI to take into consideration there are a multitude of reasons why someone might miss a catch-of-the-day fish. Here's a few examples:
-KI messes up by giving an uncatchable fish. Happened quite a few times.
-Player unable to log on due to religious holiday.

This CoDfish elixir should be offered in the Crown Shop and it should be cheap. Iirc, I may have proposed it increase in cost depending how far along we were. For example, make the cost be 2 crowns per day we were on.
So if somebody was on day 10 then missed a day, they'd pay 20 crowns to restore where they left off.

This elixir should be given free whenever an uncatchable fish is the CoD.