Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

butterfly shrimp

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
I am having a heck of a time trying to get the Butterfly Shrimp in the Last Wood in Khrysalis. It is listed as a common fish in Wizards 101 Wiki Fish Locator. Final Bastion's Khrysalis fishing guide lists it as uncommon. I am catching several Purple Grunion which are epic so the Butterfly Shrimp should be easier. There is a storm level 3 fish that keeps snapping the line perhaps it is a snapping shrimp. LOL I have fished over an hour on this energy fishing weekend(thank you for that). This is as bad as that ecto slime skate in Zafaria which was an epic fish. Perhaps there is another location to fish in the Last Woods that I missed as when I don't see anymore fish in the pond by the waterfall by Reverence Cave and use reveal fish, the usual sign" no fish affected" doesn't show. Is there a fish in a cave??

Defender
May 31, 2009
Two things here....

1. There are TWO ponds in Last Woods - the main pond and a smaller one around the corner. You need to take a teleporter to get there.

2. There is something horribly glitched with this fish - it's not just you. On this thread - https://www.wizard101.com/forum/fishing/khrysalis-fishing-8ad6a42571a0edd50171a9ea096b284b?page=1 - I experienced the exact same thing. When writing that post I had failed to catch the shimp 28 times in a row but it got worse - I finally caught it after 57 got away - 57!!! This despite the fact that

1. My base fishing luck with gear is 55%
2. But, almost all of my attempts I had at least 80% luck with a Minor Fishing Luck elixir
3. On at last 15 attempts I had 105% fishing luck thanks to a Major Fishing luck elixir
4. At the time I had caught over 12,000 fish according to my tome. I wasn't a noob!

So frustrating! I even opened up a ticket with Support only to be told that "There is no guarantee that you will be able to catch a certain fish. Unfortunately the best we can recommend is to keep trying."

Really? What, pray tell, are the odds that someone with over 12000 fish can fail with 105% luck? Explain the math on that!

ACK!

Good luck on this - I hope you have more luck than I had.

Casp

Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
Thanks Caspeen! I read all your posts about this fish. I will look for the second pond even though I thought I had searched for another pond . I too was dressed in fishing gear with the correct lure, fishing potions etc and the line kept snapping. I didn't count how many times but it was well over 25 times. I have caught 5108 fish and am a transcendent angler so it's not my fishing skills. Good to know I'm not the only one having difficulty trying to catch this fish. Must be a glitch!! Please fix KI.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
I too can't seem to catch the butterfly shrimp. I have consistently fished for over an hour in both spots-winnow 3, winnow storm fish only, rid the setinels, then a level 3 storm lure. The line snaps except for the purple grunion. The purple grunion is epic. The butterfly shrimp is COMMON so it should be easier to catch. Not for me. The line snaps a lot. I have tried on two different accounts and the same thing happens. PLEASE KI fix these snapping shrimp so I can add one to my aquarium. Thank you.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
On 5/8/2021 at 9pm EST-11pm EST I fished in the Kraken realm dressed in seafarers gear, swordfish wand, and first mate otter which has fishing luck at the Last Wood in Krysalis to try yet again to catch the butterfly shrimp. No luck!! No one else was at either of the fishing spots. I winnowed out all but level 3, then storm only fish, clear the sentinels, reveal, charm,and then the level 3 storm lure. I caught 18 purple grunion which are epic fish. The line snapped 20 times. No COMMON butterfly shrimp!!

Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
Still no luck catching the common butterfly shrimp!! I fished for an hour today in the Stormzilla realm hoping maybe in a storm realm I'd have better luck catching the storm fish. NOPe. I was dressed in fishing gear with a fishing pet. I was the only one there. I went back and forth between the 2 spots in the Last Wood in Krysalis. I winnowed out all storm, then just level 3, then banish the sentinnels, Then locate, charm, and fish. I got 7 purple grunion which are an epic fish and 10 line snaps!! No common butterfly shrimp! PLEASE fix this. Thank you.