Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Eagle War Shield

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
I crafted the Eagle War Shield but cannot give it to Oztomeca. I have it in my backpack but she does not recognize it so I can move on from the "Making the Grade' quest.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
itsme510 on Apr 5, 2020 wrote:
I crafted the Eagle War Shield but cannot give it to Oztomeca. I have it in my backpack but she does not recognize it so I can move on from the "Making the Grade' quest.
I suspect you bought ALL reagents through the Bazaar. If that is the case then that is why Oztomeca will not accept it. Agave Nectar MUST BE HARVESTED not bought.

Here is a link to that quest. If you scroll down the page to where it says "Dialog" then move over to the far right it will give you an "Expand" option. Oztomeca specifically tells you where you can find the Agave Nectar. It is a drop from the Agave Plant. You have to harvest the Nectar NOT buy it.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Making_the_Grade#axzz6J3xru4af

Survivor
Sep 27, 2013
It can also be the result of crafting an Eagle War Shield prior to getting the nectar first. You MUST follow the order of this quest and do what it says in order, meaning after getting the quest, go to get the nectar rather than crafting the shield.
I had to create a whole new shield.
Here's how I got the potent trap since it is miserable trying to find it in the bazaar and Storm Caiman has been killed 10 times without the drop. Also unfortunately you can not equip it on a deck from another character you built and put it in the shared bank because all TCs disappear!

*** SECRET SAUCE*** if you have other decks, equip them all and look for the Potent Trap TC. You may have put it on one of your decks. You likely have acquired this in battle and haven't used it. I found 3 this way.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2013
Search all your decks. You may have equipped it and not realized it.