Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't Open Wizard101 Launcher Settings

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
I just got a new laptop (Dell, with Windows 10 Pro) and I downloaded Wizard101. The launcher window is very tiny, but when I click the "Settings" button to change the resolution, nothing happens. The little blue loading circle comes up next to my cursor, and nothing further occurs. I can enter my username and password and click "Play" to play the game (and once I was in the character selection screen I was able to change the resolution there to be appropriate for my new device), and I can play without a problem. However, no matter what I do, I cannot seem to change the resolution of the launcher itself, which, while this does not pose any functionality problem, is quite annoying. Is there a way I can fix this? Thanks so much in advance!!

Administrator
19acassel on Aug 27, 2019 wrote:
I just got a new laptop (Dell, with Windows 10 Pro) and I downloaded Wizard101. The launcher window is very tiny, but when I click the "Settings" button to change the resolution, nothing happens. The little blue loading circle comes up next to my cursor, and nothing further occurs. I can enter my username and password and click "Play" to play the game (and once I was in the character selection screen I was able to change the resolution there to be appropriate for my new device), and I can play without a problem. However, no matter what I do, I cannot seem to change the resolution of the launcher itself, which, while this does not pose any functionality problem, is quite annoying. Is there a way I can fix this? Thanks so much in advance!!
Congratulations 19acassel on the new laptop!

This might be due to the laptop possibly having a 4K screen. The game should look better after the launcher window.

To resolve the launcher window size, you can try setting your windows overall 'zoom' to 150% or so.

Since there seems to be problems afterward, I would suggest updating the graphics drivers and any other drivers of the system. Usually these the culprit in these cases.

If you have any further troubles, please feel free to contact our support team! https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game