Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just standing around

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
I have changed to a different realm that was quiet and now its starting to fill up with people low levels at that in Bazaar now bad enough it happens in the commons and pet pavilion. Just staying there and spinning for hours or days. Now the new thing is staying in Bazaar acting like your selling or buying things from the guy for hours or even days now. They will be there the entire time until KI does maintenance that kicks everyone off the game than they are right back at it again. Right now there is 3 level 2's and 1 level 7 that is doing these things on the Sunbird realm, I don't want to even think about the other upper realms. Now on the realm I'm on even and its annoying. Can we make it where after 30 min no game playing/questing they get kicked off or moved to the upper realms like Ambrose, Bartleby, Banshee and so on?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Ladilove on May 26, 2019 wrote:
I have changed to a different realm that was quiet and now its starting to fill up with people low levels at that in Bazaar now bad enough it happens in the commons and pet pavilion. Just staying there and spinning for hours or days. Now the new thing is staying in Bazaar acting like your selling or buying things from the guy for hours or even days now. They will be there the entire time until KI does maintenance that kicks everyone off the game than they are right back at it again. Right now there is 3 level 2's and 1 level 7 that is doing these things on the Sunbird realm, I don't want to even think about the other upper realms. Now on the realm I'm on even and its annoying. Can we make it where after 30 min no game playing/questing they get kicked off or moved to the upper realms like Ambrose, Bartleby, Banshee and so on?
Hi, just wondering, how does this inhibit your game play?

Also, how do you know they're not farming the bazaar or chatting to a friend via whisper or comparing gear etc?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Ladilove on May 26, 2019 wrote:
They're not harming anyone ( or even the game ). I use this function in P101 when I'm hosting events so I don't have to be on-line and active for more than 24 hrs.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
If they are just standing there, how are they in your way? Or affecting you really?

Survivor
Feb 03, 2013
Jasmine3429 on May 29, 2019 wrote:
If they are just standing there, how are they in your way? Or affecting you really?
he probably said, when someone is standing meaning, the overall space in the realm.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Some also may be "Hall Monitors" I have noticed the same thing.

If they are Monitors, then I am happy to have them.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Not sure of the real issue here.

Remember, persons stand and "spin" for a variety of reasons.

It isn't entirely fair to abruptly think that they do this for "trolling" or any other detrimental things you may believe they are up to.

Often times, since the game has a relatively low inactivity disconnecting period, spinning is necessary.

Also, many persons also use this feature to their benefit especially if they will like to avoid going through the login process again.

Unless they stand and make annoying comments to persons or anything of the sort, the really do not affect your gameplay in any way; especially if you are playing in quiet realms as the "space" they take up doesn't even count really.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I can see how an entire plaza of people spinning in circles might be disconcerting. Some of us get dizzy easily

I don't mind people spinning but would like to please ask spinners in advance:

Please go behind a building or in a corner of a plaza before you plan to spin for hours or indefinitely.

Anywhere pretty much out of the way or out of traffic will be fine.

Please try not to purposely spin inside the tiny Bazaar, (when I try to zoom in or look around, all I see is closeup blur, worse if there's a pet or anything bright or sparkly attached), or in doorways, or in the middle of the road.
Please and thank you.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
When I spin, I'm usually in my castle ( W101 ) or on the deck of my ship ( P101 ). I agree a little courtesy and realizing that others are also playing around you will go a long way in making spinning less annoying to witness.