Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buttons are not scaling

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I recently got a new computer that has a 4k resolution. Whenever I run Wizard101, the login screen is ridiculously tiny. After logging in, all of the buttons are tiny on the character select screen and during game play.

After doing a little research online, I found that this has something to do with the "high DPI" settings. When going into the properties of the Wizard101 launcher file, I was able to override the high DPI scaling behavior and have my computer adjust the icons. This seemed to work for the Wizard101 launcher since instead of it being 1/10th the normal size, it was, in fact, normal size. However, when I launch the game, all of the icons remained to be very hard to see. I'm not sure how to fix this problem.

Side note, on the launcher, the settings button does not open the settings window like it use to.

Administrator
rangertom6 on Jan 8, 2019 wrote:
I recently got a new computer that has a 4k resolution. Whenever I run Wizard101, the login screen is ridiculously tiny. After logging in, all of the buttons are tiny on the character select screen and during game play.

After doing a little research online, I found that this has something to do with the "high DPI" settings. When going into the properties of the Wizard101 launcher file, I was able to override the high DPI scaling behavior and have my computer adjust the icons. This seemed to work for the Wizard101 launcher since instead of it being 1/10th the normal size, it was, in fact, normal size. However, when I launch the game, all of the icons remained to be very hard to see. I'm not sure how to fix this problem.

Side note, on the launcher, the settings button does not open the settings window like it use to.
We do have some DPI scaling work to be done on the game, apologies about the tiny icons in the meantime :(.