Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unable to log in

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
So I'll get right to the point here. I've been trying to log into the game for the past couple of days and have been unable to do so. I contacted support and they told me that it was due to consecutive DDOS attacks and that they are intending to fix it. However, this left me with no real explanation as to why not everyone is having this issue. When I type in my credentials into the launcher, it says logging in and just stops. I'm interested to see if someone could help me solve this.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Different computers run differently. Some have windows some do not and some runs one different frequency. Please tell us more information like; What kind of computer do you have? laptop, Ipad or pc so we can be more helpful to you.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2017
Re: Unable to log in

Hello, Subzero0101216

KI is doing everything they can to solve this problem of the DDOS attacks.

Best thing you can do like everyone else is just be patient and hope everything is going to be OK.

Even I can't even log in and MANY others cannot log in as well and I been trying to log in for the past 4-6 days (twice a day) due to these attacks Wizard101 is dealing with.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Alia StormBlade

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
I'm having the same problem. This is day 5 for me not being able to log in. I keep checking message boards and Twitter for updates on when this will be fixed but haven't seen an update since the 10th. I know some are able to get on because our wizened wizards chat group on central still is able to let us know what the catch of the day is so apparently the attacks are not affecting all. I don't know why this happens and since the updates on the problem are not as good as the updates were back in September of last year....it's hard to know what is going on. I'm trying to be patient and keep the faith in KI to fix but it gets hard sometimes when it's been 5 days since I've been able to log in for more than a couple minutes and actually play. My plants are probably dead and I haven't been able to keep up with my dailies. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, I'm not one of those that will cancel my membership over this although some have said they will but it's still annoying to know I am paying for something that I can't use.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2012
Same thing is happening to me bro. It's happening to a lot of people. You're just going to have to wait it out

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I was running into the same problem, even with a stable, secure internet connection.

Here's everything I did to fix the issue:

1. I rebooted the computer system.
- This didn't fix the issue.

2. I reinstalled the game.
- This didn't fix the issue.

3. I changed the password, and master password.
- this fixed the issue.

I'd much rather just log on and play the game, than spend the time it took to fix this issue.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2017
Hey guys,
For some reason, I can't log in to the game. I know I'm not banned because I didnt get any email and I can log into the website just fine. Whenever I try to log in, the progress bar shows up for a split second, then it goes back to the enter password screen. Is this happening to anyone else? How do I fix it?

Thanks in Advance

James StormBlade, Level 71

Survivor
Dec 26, 2011
So, I just right clicked the icon and ran the program as administrative and the game loaded for me...hope this help you guys. January 15, 2018. 1:34PM.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2012
i think this might work, so if your not unable to login, search for a forgot password, basically if you forgotten your password then you should press forgot password or username or master email, and will give you a tempoary one, i forgotten a pass since i changed it, i was protective over my account, and press forget password saves everything,
it also be good for a hacker, but idk if it might work when your hacked, -myth wizard
(excuses as in someone(playing as a hacker) forced me to delete a life wizard, but it turned out to be a prank, -.-