Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NPC's in Khrysalis and Mirage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
I have a maxed out Balance wizard and like to help lower level players. For months now I have had Zarozina the DeathSong following me in most of the world of Khrysalis. I was maxed out when this started happening. Recently I had the same thing happen in mirage with Ozzie. I have contacted support and nothing has happened to fix it. Just keep getting told it is a bug that they are aware of and no fix.

Now I understand that coding is difficult and QA with some coders is a bother. I use to do programming for a living. However, months after this bug report, you would think somebody would address the issue. A simple case statement in the code to prevent anyone who is past the quests or maxed out does not have these NPC helpers appear would not be too difficult to insert into the code. That is if you can use a case statement in the programming language used. Another possible fix would be a simple check of the wizard's level in the database could also be used to alleviate the issue.

Maybe I should just write an old fashioned snail mail letter to Elie Akilian just might get this issue fixed. I understand priorities and only so much time in a day to get things done. I have gotten feedback that you are aware of the problem but after months you think it could be addressed. A better fix would be better code reviews and more attention paid to other areas to address the problems with the system of how coding is done that seems to be creating more bugs that have been coming up lately.

I understand there are a lot of issues with the game slowing down. That from a pure networking perspective would be a bandwidth issue that if in the budget could be addressed by server capacity and speed. Not exactly sure of all the details I am not a networking guru. Just worked with a lot of large database issues and some coding experience. Maybe some multidimensional array coding would help.

I really like playing the game. I just would like to see some simple attention to getting bugs fixed.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Prophet of Ra on Feb 10, 2017 wrote:
I have a maxed out Balance wizard and like to help lower level players. For months now I have had Zarozina the DeathSong following me in most of the world of Khrysalis. I was maxed out when this started happening. Recently I had the same thing happen in mirage with Ozzie. I have contacted support and nothing has happened to fix it. Just keep getting told it is a bug that they are aware of and no fix.

Now I understand that coding is difficult and QA with some coders is a bother. I use to do programming for a living. However, months after this bug report, you would think somebody would address the issue. A simple case statement in the code to prevent anyone who is past the quests or maxed out does not have these NPC helpers appear would not be too difficult to insert into the code. That is if you can use a case statement in the programming language used. Another possible fix would be a simple check of the wizard's level in the database could also be used to alleviate the issue.

Maybe I should just write an old fashioned snail mail letter to Elie Akilian just might get this issue fixed. I understand priorities and only so much time in a day to get things done. I have gotten feedback that you are aware of the problem but after months you think it could be addressed. A better fix would be better code reviews and more attention paid to other areas to address the problems with the system of how coding is done that seems to be creating more bugs that have been coming up lately.

I understand there are a lot of issues with the game slowing down. That from a pure networking perspective would be a bandwidth issue that if in the budget could be addressed by server capacity and speed. Not exactly sure of all the details I am not a networking guru. Just worked with a lot of large database issues and some coding experience. Maybe some multidimensional array coding would help.

I really like playing the game. I just would like to see some simple attention to getting bugs fixed.
KI has been doing maintenance every Wednesday morning since Mirage was released that is running from 2-4 hours each session.

They are aware of the NPC's following some players and will get to it as soon as they can. It has been happening with other players that have maxed out their wizards as well so you aren't the only one. By the fact it isn't happening to all maxed wizards, it may take them a while to get the coding fixed.

Just be patient.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
Have you done all the side quests? If they are supposed to help you with any of those that would cause them to stick around. If you have, thats unfortunate that they haven't fixed the bug.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I posted about this a year ago;
On the upside - you still get the boost stats from them though so if you are farming, why not take the extra power

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I think KI should concentrate on bug fixes that are preventing play; then they can go after the cosmetic bugs. Seriously, is Zarozinia "bugging" you that badly, that her appearance stops you from playing and assisting others?

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Prophet of Ra on Feb 10, 2017 wrote:

It seems every time they fix a bug, another one takes its place. By far though, since the Mirage update, it has been pretty extensive!!

Not saying that your issues isn't a big deal, but there are worse ones they should focus on right now before they tackle the one you have addressed.