Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Test Realm Turkey 11/23-11/28

AuthorMessage
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Pardon Me,

I have a question about the test realm schedule. Why in the spiral is it shut off during Thanksgiving? Is there
constant maintenance that has to be put into it? Does is continually have to be overseen? Even worse it is shut down the entire weekend...

Most of the time people get the opportunity to play the game when they do not have the responsibility of school/work. Vacation is the best time to practice smashing some Thieves .

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
The test realm has always been shut down on weekends and holidays. My guess is that it's monitored carefully to catch the bug reports, etc. I doubt that this will change, though it would be nice!

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
RavenLady777 on Nov 21, 2016 wrote:
The test realm has always been shut down on weekends and holidays. My guess is that it's monitored carefully to catch the bug reports, etc. I doubt that this will change, though it would be nice!
Well, I do know it was open last weekend (week of Nov. 11th). Holidays, I never paid attention to, until this year.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Loother Ray has to take a few days off of spamming infect and doom to go home to Cobrastan to visit his family. (Props to anyone who got this reference. Enjoy stay. Cause no trouble!)

Istar needs a day to go shopping for new in-lamp deals

Burdie asked for some time to replace the sale banners over caravan with some nice strings of blinky lights.

Trengil McGrabby will enjoy a staycation sorting his growing collection of blades, shields, and absorbs from all over the spiral.

Dumoozid has a PTO request for that weekend so he can clean up after all these messy, careless wizards. "It's either that, or I close up shop and nobody gets any help at all with their household chores," he asserts.

Saireeh and Hassan have suddenly come into a large fortune and are requesting shore leave to go "party like it's 1999 BC" at the Ziggurat Club.

The only one still on duty is Ozzy, who is still at his post in the mausoleum, trying to stay ahead.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Blaze03554 on Nov 21, 2016 wrote:
Well, I do know it was open last weekend (week of Nov. 11th). Holidays, I never paid attention to, until this year.

It's normally closed on weekends so that was a bonus. KI Employees have lives and families and deserve to enjoy their Thanksgiving weekend too.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
seethe42 on Nov 21, 2016 wrote:
It's normally closed on weekends so that was a bonus. KI Employees have lives and families and deserve to enjoy their Thanksgiving weekend too.
Oh thank you seethe42 for adding your two cents, like you seem to always do!

I thought I made my question clear, "Is there constant maintenance that has to be put into it? Does is continually have to be overseen?" If this is not the case, then I don't see the specific reason why it is being shut down. This is precisely why I asked this question. If the answer is yes, then I would understand that they have holidays off, and therefore unable to preform these duties.

By the way, do you know for a fact that it was a "bonus"?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Blaze03554 on Nov 22, 2016 wrote:
Oh thank you seethe42 for adding your two cents, like you seem to always do!

I thought I made my question clear, "Is there constant maintenance that has to be put into it? Does is continually have to be overseen?" If this is not the case, then I don't see the specific reason why it is being shut down. This is precisely why I asked this question. If the answer is yes, then I would understand that they have holidays off, and therefore unable to preform these duties.

By the way, do you know for a fact that it was a "bonus"?

There was a time that Test was open 24/7 even though KI employees generally don't work on weekend. But by the fact when they returned the following Monday, there would be all kinds of bug reports or other issues that made the entire week even more frustrating for them.

The last several major updates or new worlds, KI has set a schedule to take care of those issues so they don't get overwhelmed...The fact they did let test run last weekend was a bonus for the players but also for the employees so they could enjoy the Holiday with their families.

So to answer your question, YES, Test has to be constantly monitored so that release to Live is smoother than what it was in the past.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
On top of all of this, they finally release "the final encounter" on the last day test realm is open!!???

I understand that it will be back again on Monday, but good grief.