Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-30-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, and it's time for Feedback! Let's get to it, shall we?

Each time you enter a new world, your first look leaves a lasting impression on you. We're really excited because we think our "first look" at the new world is a little different than normal. That being said, which world of the Spiral impressed you the most the first time you set foot into it? Wizard City commons? The grasslands of Avalon? The snowscape of Polaris? We want to know!

Happy Friday, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Marleybone and Dragonspyre for all those height variations. I guess Celestia too.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Sep 30, 2016 wrote:
It's Friday, and it's time for Feedback! Let's get to it, shall we?

Each time you enter a new world, your first look leaves a lasting impression on you. We're really excited because we think our "first look" at the new world is a little different than normal. That being said, which world of the Spiral impressed you the most the first time you set foot into it? Wizard City commons? The grasslands of Avalon? The snowscape of Polaris? We want to know!

Happy Friday, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
Avalon's Celtic theme was absolutely wonderful!! You guys did fantastic, I think I fell in love with the game all over again when I reached "the wild" and saw the little toadstool and fire elf village!!

I also (and will always) love Mooshu!!!

Survivor
Dec 23, 2014
Marleybone!! and Kembaalung isn't exactly a world but it's amazing

Survivor
Aug 02, 2015
Definitely Avalon. It set the bar very high for later worlds. The references, the storyline, the atmosphere, it really made me feel like a noble knight on the quest to save the land. I didn't want to leave AV once I finished Ganelon. Azteca didn't disappoint, though. I actually almost cried after Xibalba when the meteors started falling.
Scarlet Darkblade, Promethean Necromamcer

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
Definitely Polaris. The night sky with the borealis lights is breathtaking. Then you see the occasional snowflake fall, it's so relaxing. And somehow, you captured the silence of the snow, the way it insulates sound. The theme of the city of Walruskberg itself is executed so beautifully, the charm of the time period in Russia is captured perfectly. Despite the cold weather feeling of the entire world, that little town gives you a feeling of warmth because of the visible community of people (pingouins) working together to make an amazing place out of what was a cold, barren landscape. It is wonderfully perfect, beautiful.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Oh, absolutely Zafaria. The giant baobab tree and the waterfalls are perfect.

Survivor
May 02, 2010
Survivor
Jun 28, 2013
Oh come on guys, it was totally Khrysalis. You just had all that stuff with the council of light, admit it, it was cool to see all them people golden. You are literally forging a spiral key! Then you go in and are immediately challenged by one of Morganthe's soldiers! That was EPIC!

Survivor
Jan 29, 2014
Personally, I thought Polaris was the best. The minute you walk in, you get greeted by that penguin stating laws which depicts the oppression of Empress Antuskette and we were immediately pulled into it all. I thought it worked out really well, and of course the view of Walruskberg was stunning. I CANNOT wait for the new world!!!!!

Survivor
Sep 16, 2012
Survivor
Feb 23, 2012
I was in awe with the snowy mountains of Polaris, and also the ice skating on the frozen lakes where if you were on ice skates was so going and sliding..

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
This isn't really a world, per se but the first look at Castle Darkmoor was amazing. Khyrsalis was also really spectacular.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2008
Azteca is really nice and i also like Mooshu both have openings that have a lot of scenery.

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
I'd have to say Grizzleheim, because of the beautiful artwork, amazing soundtracks, and of course the noise making Rainbow bridge when you first set foot there!

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
Each world has its own unique look. The world that left me with a negative impression is Dragonspyre. Dragonspyre most resembles hell in appearance. Its made up of lava flows every where and most of the occupants are ghosts. Some places look like they should be too hot for the wizard to be yet the wizard seems to be unaffected by heat or cold. The game explains how the wizard is able to breath underwater but I don't remember there being an explanation for being unaffected by heat and cold. Dragonspyre's lava must be made up of rock that melts at a lower temperature then the rocks the buildings are made of. There are fish there and the wizard is not able to go into the lava to catch the fish I have wondered sense the fish are able to withstand the heat of the lava does that mean they freeze into ice when exposed to the environment out of the lava or does something about them allow them to be comfortable at any temperature? Because Dragonspyre strikes me as resembling hell I dislike being in it. I like the worlds that have life like Avalon. Avalon has creatures that are alive. The wizard meets a living creature a short distance from the spiral door. Avalon is green and cheerful.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
i would have to say that aquilla mostly because i am a big greek mythology fan so it was like christmas morning for me

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
I would have to say Azteca. It looked beautiful.

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
Personally, it was Krokatopia. I realize that it might not be the most impressive new world of them all, but when I first got membership and went into that world, I didn't know that Wizard101 even had other worlds! This surprise most certainly left quite the impression on me.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Dragonspyre had the whole of the main island visible right from the spiral door. I can think of no better way of saying "there's a lot of obstacles" then by starting with an overveiw of the entire course. If a world has a centerpiece, it should be the first thing the player sees when they get there.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2010
Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
Avalon. Hands down.

Mooshu was nice as well.

Polaris was fun and clean.