Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cantrip Prejudice against Tanks and Support

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I have loved the ability to be able to use Sigil Support Cantrips in Battles. It's what I've loved doing when helping others out in Team Up, because most of the time they're like "woah what's that?" The problem that I have is that I usually play Balance, Ice or Life all of which are support or tank schools and people want me to "go first" and I don't mind going first, it's just that I can't cast the Cantrip that I want beforehand, if I go first because no battle sigil is there.

This is unfair in my opinion.

Currently, there is the option to try and cast it while trying to enter the sigil, but you have to time it just right or it will cost the energy, show the spell moving to the center of the sigil, but not give you the benefit.

I have two potential solutions to this problem:

1. Officially support this "hang-time" at the start of the battle so that it doesn't require the timing exactly right. Allow the player that is first in battle some time to cast (since I know there needs to be an active sigil in order for it to work).
2. Allow for all battles with 4 characters to set the battle order. I feel like this should be at least extended to all groups and adventure parties instead of just people that are in a guild. I am in multiple guilds and I have never been able to quest with a single person in any of the guilds that I am a part of. Guilds are not typically focused on questing, they're focused on Raids or Decorating. Even when I do quest with guild members we typically are not all on characters that are all in the same guild.

Thank you for your consideration!