Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

18+ Realms

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
KI often touts Wizard 101 being a kid-friendly game as to why 18+ chat is censored... yet Gamigo has told us during their acquisition of KI that the target audience is "approximately 20-35 year olds", and that "51% of W101 revenue comes from players who have played for over 5 years".

So, why doesn't KI establish 18+ only realms, meant only for people with open chat, and an option to limit houses to open chat players

This way, no player below 18 is exposed to the 18+ chat. Furthermore, no 18+ player who doesn't wish to see unfiltered 18+ chat has the option not to. I'd imagine this would also take a logistical weight off of KI and the team that handles reports; there would be far less of an influx of reports. I do think certain egregious offenses should be penalized, such as hate speech, but things like innuendo and language should be okay in realms where it is exclusive to open chat players. I also think mutes should be waived in these 18+ realms but kept intact in normal realms, and that regular chat rules should apply to PvP (no 18+ PvP, unless in an 18+ house).

This way, everyone wins. Happy kids. Happy parents. Happy adult players. Happy office team at KI. This would would be a way to keep the game kid-friendly while also appealing to your primary source of income ; adults

Thank you for reading!