Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle magic timers set to automatically turn on don't work now!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
Castle magic timers that we have set to automatically turn on don't usually turn on now. I have to be there and open and close the housing menu for it to work at all.
That's a HUUUUGE problem for us hardcore decorators! This desperately needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Administrator
Fallon Fireblade on Nov 30, 2021 wrote:
Castle magic timers that we have set to automatically turn on don't usually turn on now. I have to be there and open and close the housing menu for it to work at all.
That's a HUUUUGE problem for us hardcore decorators! This desperately needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
Thank you for the report!

If anyone else has come across this issue let us know here.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Yes, I have this issue and I know that other decorators do as well.

The first time you load into your house, the castle magic (run by timers that start on, I didn't check other items) does not activate. If you leave the house and return, or if you simply reset the castle magic by going into the housing menu, then all is well, as far as I noticed.

If another player visits your house through castle tours, they also have this bug. The second time they visit, it's ok.

Once a wizard on an account has visited the house, it seems to be ok to other wizards on the same account, even on their first visit.

All the houses I checked were having this bug. As far as I can tell, the bug happens with every house, once per account.

Yes, this is a huge problem for castle tours ratings because players rating houses cannot leave and reload the same house to see it properly for rating.

I'm investigating this problem.

Fallon Fireblade and sword tree, could you go to customer support and create a ticket?

After you create a ticket, please post a reply to this thread with the ticket number and the name of one of your houses where I can easily see the problem.

Thanks for your help!

Arthur (Gary)

Survivor
Mar 25, 2014
Maceryn on Dec 1, 2021 wrote:
Thank you for the report!

If anyone else has come across this issue let us know here.
I'm having this issue as well and my friends have experienced it also. I haven't had issues with spells going off but the growth spell in particular doesn't activate at all. If you leave and come back it works sometimes and if you open and close your inventory it works sometimes but nine times out of ten it doesn't work at all.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
I also have this issue on all my wizards. I set the gardening items (fish fountain, brick walled pond, ball of yarn, etc.) to go invisible so they don't tacky my garden. When I go to do my plants, I have to reset the invisibility by clicking the items menu and then unclicking it.

Okay, I believe I have a fix for this problem.

This problem should be fixed in our next planned update which is in the second half of January.

Arthur (Gary)

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
@Arthur Wethersfield, So sorry, I didn't see your response to create a ticket.

Yesterday I noticed that the castle magic on houses that I previously thought were ok, was still failing to start when I load into my house, even when I loaded several times that day. So the prior observation that it seems to be fixed after just one loading per account is not true at present.

Thanks for working on this bug! I just want to point out that the Spiral scene is currently scheduled for Dec 28-Jan 3. It will be rather frustrating trying to rate houses whose castle magic isn't starting properly. If this bug cannot be fixed until mid-Jan, it might make sense to reschedule the Spiral scene.

Good news!

It looks like we'll have a small update next week and the Castle Magic Timer fix should be in it.

Arthur (Gary)