Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet casts "Weakness" on me

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 11, 2021
Hello! I have a Balance wizard by the name of Sarai Cloud and I have a Flying Squirrel (Balance) pet purchased from the Crown Shop.

A little while ago, my pet has unlocked the talent "May Cast: Weakness". At first, it would cast the spell randomly, on enemies, but as of recently, it started casting the spell only on myself, which made it very frustrating in fights. The first time it happened was in Celestia, on one of the last bosses (can't remember too much), and it kept happening after I moved on to Zafaria.

Administrator
heyimalex12 on Jul 30, 2021 wrote:
Hello! I have a Balance wizard by the name of Sarai Cloud and I have a Flying Squirrel (Balance) pet purchased from the Crown Shop.

A little while ago, my pet has unlocked the talent "May Cast: Weakness". At first, it would cast the spell randomly, on enemies, but as of recently, it started casting the spell only on myself, which made it very frustrating in fights. The first time it happened was in Celestia, on one of the last bosses (can't remember too much), and it kept happening after I moved on to Zafaria.
Hi, Alex! Thank you for the report. We have identified this as a bug and will get a fix in when we can.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
It just happened to me, so good to know you are on it. Maceryn. Thanks for reporting it heyimalex12 (were there eleven previous heyimalexs?).

Slim Chompers was always such a loyal doggo before, too. I notice also that he is much more diligent about casting it on me than he previously was about casting it on the opposition. Bad doggie!

-Indigo Ring

Survivor
Jul 24, 2019
Maceryn on Jul 30, 2021 wrote:
Hi, Alex! Thank you for the report. We have identified this as a bug and will get a fix in when we can.
I am also having the same issue with the balance squirrel, but am new to this forum stuff. Is there any kind of ETA for this type of known error? Does it take a seasonal update to run the fix? This pet is kind of valuable to me from the other skills, but the weakness cast is ruining my battles lol. I'd love to know if I should just start over on a new pet if it's something that has to go thru with a seasonal update

Thank you!

Survivor
Jun 11, 2021
heyimalex12 on Jul 30, 2021 wrote:

Update: The bug happens regardless of area, happened to me today while fighting in Grizzleheim also. Devs please get on this asap :(

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
savealot2, hard to guess how long it will take, but unless it proves to be a particularly difficult bug to track down and/or fix it should be a matter of weeks, not months. Perhaps days. There are frequently a host of little gremlins that go rampaging their cheery way through the Spiral after a major update, and KI is usually pretty diligent about quickly stuffing them back in their cages. Mind you, there was the Hydra head bug in Pirate101... But eventually they fixed even that one (after many attempts, but that was one sneaky hydra, apparently).

I would recommend starting up a new pet, regardless of how soon the Weakness issue may be dealt with. It never hurts to have backups. And of course, if your main pet has "May Cast" abilities and seems asleep at the switch, I find saying loudly "I may switch to <insert another pet's name> for a while" often has a salutary effect on the lazy main pet.

-Indigo Ring