Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Tome bug

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I hatched and got Precocious Panda Cubs pet. My backpack was full so the pet went into the bank. The problem is, the pet is not in my Pet Tome.

I have gotten other pets that went directly to the bank and do show up in the Tome so maybe there was a bug this one time. The wizard I hatched to get the pet has it in their pet Tome, so maybe it is something with my account? I checked backpack butler and it correctly says the pet is in my bank. I do not know if this pet was counted towards my pet count total or not.

I would like the pet to appear in the Tome without removing it from the bank.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Today I hatched for and got Cerberus. Before doing the hatch, I wrote down my Pet Tome numbers. The unhatched egg went into my bank. I saw the egg in there and 4 hours later it hatched and remains in my bank. This pet (same as Precocious Panda Cubs) did not go into my Pet Tome. The bug has been replicated and confirmed.

Event awarded pets such as Bonechiller, Burnotaur, Cryptclops, etc., are in both my bank and Pet Tome so this bug seems to affect pets that go into the bank straight from the hatchery.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I have inspected my pets further and found a total of 8 pets that are in my bank(s) but not in the Tome.

Armored Skeleton
Booloon
Cerberus
Eternal Leviathan
Myth Imp
Precocious Panda Cubs
Snappy Gryphon
Peace Dove - this one is on my ice wizard

There is nothing special about these pets. I conversed with other wizards whom have these pets in their Tomes.
Pets from Events (beastmoon, deckathalon) redeemed in the same manner (with the backpack full) have gone in both my bank AND pet tome. The infected pets were probably all gotten via the hatchery.

All these pets are not being counted towards my pet total. I was only able to put this list together because I've made my own list of pets (before the Tome came out) and update it as best I could each time I get a new pet.

Administrator
This might be an account issue, which would go to support. You mentioned other players have the pets show up in their Tome? Is there anything else that's different that may be why yours are not showing up as expected?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Sparck on Jul 23, 2021 wrote:
This might be an account issue, which would go to support. You mentioned other players have the pets show up in their Tome? Is there anything else that's different that may be why yours are not showing up as expected?
This bug I believe can be tested out by anybody.
How to test -
-Check your Pet Tome and mark down how many pets you have.
-Fill the backpack fully.
-Go to hatchery and hatch for a brand new pet.
-If you do not get the new pet, start over until you do. Your new pet will go into your Bank.
-Check your Tome once more.

What is different from me getting a pet and others getting the same pet, is I am making sure my backpack is completely filled before doing so.

Administrator
stemogstel on Jul 23, 2021 wrote:
This bug I believe can be tested out by anybody.
How to test -
-Check your Pet Tome and mark down how many pets you have.
-Fill the backpack fully.
-Go to hatchery and hatch for a brand new pet.
-If you do not get the new pet, start over until you do. Your new pet will go into your Bank.
-Check your Tome once more.

What is different from me getting a pet and others getting the same pet, is I am making sure my backpack is completely filled before doing so.
Thanks, we'll try this out!

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
It's still happening. During pet promenade, I hatched for a new pet which went directly into my bank.
I now have Green Globulin in my bank but NOT in my Pet Tome.

Sparck, you said the steps I provided would be tested. What was the outcome and is this going to be fixed anytime soon?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
My previous post here is still in moderation mode and I have an update.

Immediately after posting about Green Globulin not going into my Tome, it was still Pet Promenade so I went and did one more hatch for another new pet, Blaze Fox. While waiting out the one hour hatch time, I got kicked out due to inactivity, logged back in and made space in my bank, and did not visit my bank. One hour later, Blaze Fox was added to my Pet Tome.

All the other pets mentioned in this Topic are still not in my Tome, nor have they counted towards my pets collected badge.

This bug still needs to be fixed.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Another month passes by and this bug is yet to be fixed.
The new pet I just hatched for and got is Topaz Kraken. It went in the bank, not in the Tome. I tried 2 of the 3 tests from my last post - I made backpack room and rebooted wiz. It's still not in my Pet Tome. Even if these tests were to get the pet in my Tome, this is a bug that still needs to be fixed.

This bug is having me miss out on my pets collected badge.

Can I please get a response?

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
I just want to bump this thread because stemogstel is not the only one having this issue, and it needs to be addressed. I had contacted Support for the exact same issue I was having with one of my pets, and while they were able to get the pet manually added to my pet tome so I "got what I wanted" in the end, the fact that the issue still exists and has not been addressed by KI within the past four months (at least) is very frustrating. I should not have to worry about making sure my pets are in my backpack when they hatch. But at least for me, what's even more frustrating is the lack of updates from KI. When we report issues, we really appreciate an acknowledgement that they're being worked on -- and even if they're not, it would be great to at least hear a monthly update that y'all haven't been able to get to it yet, but you also haven't forgotten about it. I know y'all are busy, but sometimes when we go months without an update, it's hard to not feel like we're just being ignored.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I got 2 more NEW pets with mixed results.

Yesterday I hatched for and got Deer Knight pet. It went in my bank which I did not visit.
Today I hatched for and got Scrappy Gryphon. It went into my bank and I made sure not to visit it.
I just got the message in the chat saying Scrappy Gryphon was added to my pet tome.

I thought the bug was fixed until I checked the bank after the message and Deer Knight is still not going into my pet tome. All the other pets are still not entering the pet tome. There is a chance the bug can be avoided by not visiting the bank but that means the bug is with the bank being visited while a pet is an egg waiting to be hatched.

I have provided so much information on this. Is this bug even being looked at?

Administrator
stemogstel on Oct 4, 2021 wrote:
I got 2 more NEW pets with mixed results.

Yesterday I hatched for and got Deer Knight pet. It went in my bank which I did not visit.
Today I hatched for and got Scrappy Gryphon. It went into my bank and I made sure not to visit it.
I just got the message in the chat saying Scrappy Gryphon was added to my pet tome.

I thought the bug was fixed until I checked the bank after the message and Deer Knight is still not going into my pet tome. All the other pets are still not entering the pet tome. There is a chance the bug can be avoided by not visiting the bank but that means the bug is with the bank being visited while a pet is an egg waiting to be hatched.

I have provided so much information on this. Is this bug even being looked at?
I want to let you all know that I have placed this problem in our monthly list of top issues, this can be seen by everyone at KI. I understand that this problem is annoying and needs to be dealt with so that players can get on with their pet collecting. Hopefully it can be resolved in a somewhat timely manor, we'll see.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Maceryn on Oct 5, 2021 wrote:
I want to let you all know that I have placed this problem in our monthly list of top issues, this can be seen by everyone at KI. I understand that this problem is annoying and needs to be dealt with so that players can get on with their pet collecting. Hopefully it can be resolved in a somewhat timely manor, we'll see.
I'm glad to hear this has been expedited. I hope the issue with hatch peppers (you know the one) gets put on the same list. Hmm, please also add to that list the beastmoon mayhem badges not counting. Oh and the very top of the list, the number 1 thing that should get taken care of immediately is the naming of the new housing item, 'solemn candelabra'. That has to take priority because I take offense since that is meant to be a Menorah - just call it a Menorah (the word 'Menorah' is not copyrighted). A Menorah and what is represents is perfect for a game about magic. Magic and Miracles go hand in hand.

Anyway, I'm making this reply to add info that may be helpful. It being the final hours of Pet Promenade, I hatched for 1 more new pet and got it. The new pet, Fire Gnome, went to the bank with a 2-hr hatch time. I did not visit my bank and 2 hrs later the message popped up to say it got added to my pet tome.
So this is 3 times now in which I did not visit the bank and it got added to the tome. It still needs fixing and I hope all the info I (and others) have provided helps get that done. Thank you.

Administrator
Hello again! Wanting to clarify, if you move the pets out of the bank to the backpack, once there is room to do so, will the pet then be recognized in the tome or is it still not showing?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Maceryn on Oct 12, 2021 wrote:
Hello again! Wanting to clarify, if you move the pets out of the bank to the backpack, once there is room to do so, will the pet then be recognized in the tome or is it still not showing?
I have never tried this. I do not want to try this and I do not want to have to try this. I would, however, try this if given a bric-a-brac/expand backpack/additional character slot elixir/additional castle elixir/ or a house bundle.

Another thing I could try is - hatch for one of the pets again with backpack space. I do not want to try this either.

What I will advise is if someone working at KI can try all the methods provided in this topic to see this happen on their own personal account (provided someone at KI does not have all the pets added to their Tome already). Even if one at KI has all the pets, can't someone there simply make a new account and test this out?

To test it in 4 easy steps - Fill up both your backpack and bank. Then check your tome to see which pet you do not have yet and take note of number of pets owned. Hatch for a brand new pet. Then visit your bank (before the egg hatches into a baby).

Updated info - after over a decade of farming holiday wands, I finally and surprisingly got Myth Ghoul dropped. This pet went instantaneously into my bank and tome.

Administrator
stemogstel on Oct 17, 2021 wrote:
I have never tried this. I do not want to try this and I do not want to have to try this. I would, however, try this if given a bric-a-brac/expand backpack/additional character slot elixir/additional castle elixir/ or a house bundle.

Another thing I could try is - hatch for one of the pets again with backpack space. I do not want to try this either.

What I will advise is if someone working at KI can try all the methods provided in this topic to see this happen on their own personal account (provided someone at KI does not have all the pets added to their Tome already). Even if one at KI has all the pets, can't someone there simply make a new account and test this out?

To test it in 4 easy steps - Fill up both your backpack and bank. Then check your tome to see which pet you do not have yet and take note of number of pets owned. Hatch for a brand new pet. Then visit your bank (before the egg hatches into a baby).

Updated info - after over a decade of farming holiday wands, I finally and surprisingly got Myth Ghoul dropped. This pet went instantaneously into my bank and tome.
Understandable, that's just the solution I was told to propose while the issue is being looked into (it is a recognized bug).