Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Photomancy - Photos Disappearing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the update, but when I logged into my account for the first time in a while I see that all of the photos I've taken are gone. I can't take new ones, either. Logging out and logging back in didn't fix the issue, and I already have a 64-bit operating system, so I don't think my pc is the problem. Everything else in the game is working fine, but I'd really like to know if there is a way to get my photos back (since some of those places I can't return to again).

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Have you checked if the photos are still saved on your PC? From my non-dev knowledge, the pictures are stored locally on your PC. So if you switched computers or drives, this may be the issue.

The game saves them in your User Directory by default (example using Windows):

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Wizard101

from there, you can see your screenshots and the photomancy photos should be stored in the Photos folder, where it is organized by Character then by World.

If the photos are still there, they should be recoverable.

If not, I have no idea.

My photomancy has been pretty glitchy the past year. I think something is up with Wizard101's engine where it either doesn't render them or crashes my game, from my experience. It wouldn't surprise me that the game "re-finds" them after a PC restart or a game update.