Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Desperately Needed Advanced Castle House Tools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
PLEASE please, I can't beg enough for the devs to please move shrink & grow from castle magic and add it to the advanced tools. Just make them sliders be able to fine tune sizing like the other tool options and that will also lock the items to the size you made it while in castle editing mode so you can see what the heck you're doing and not have to move everything to get access to another item. Also we desperately need the be able to rotate items on the other two axis. There is so much we cannot do like angle a spiderweb or make a slightly angled gift box or tree or window for a whimsical or other effect or angling columns and other items for ruins effects etc.Just have castle magic just that, all things environmental effects to add ambience and things like camera shaking, etc. Make it all visual, sound, spell, magical, camera, and other similar effects and we could def use more options for effects like ground fog, changing the sky(morning, day, twilight, night), snow fall, storm/raining, dusty wind, etc.

Trying to decorate using sizing as castle magic instead of as a tool option by using these cards is absolutely soul draining, sucks the fun out of housing to a level I can't find words to describe, and is a painfully cumbersome and frustrating way to decorate. Having to size this way on hundreds of items is an obnoxious millipede of reflectors that is daunting to navigate and maintain. God help you if you happen to have a rug or other item under them or near them in any way and you pick up that rug or other item and you wind up grabbing a reflector(or worse a cluster of them) and there went all your sizing just gone, and you now broke your connection and your entire house is a hot mess and have to hope to figure out what belonged to those reflectors.Then you cant target things because everything is huge again and their target boxes are covering other items you need to get to and then you gotta move everything to get to one thing, it's a nightmare. Trying to decorate around sizing this way while in the castle editing mode where everything blows back up to it original size every time you're editing is maddening and you can't see what you're doing, it's a nightmare.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2010
I wholeheartedly agree. I have come across some of those headaches but only some because I just now got hooked on all the possibilities. IThe biggest headache so far is sizing.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Also for the housing devs, here is a nifty little housing feature. Spent thee days placing items into an installation feature composed of dozens of items in my house and went to log onto another char to retrieve some items that I needed... and what's that? Oh, you spent all that time working on this detailed decorating aspect? Well let's shift the positions of every single piece that you worked on for those three days for when you pop back into your house to discover it completely disheveled and leave you feeling gut punched. Oh, just once? Oh we can't have that, we have to make it a daily occurrence and not just every day but every single time you port out of your house and return so that you absolutely abhor housing and rage quit the game demoralized.

Why is this happening? Why won't items stay in the last positions I placed them with any reliance that they will remain there? Is there a way to stop this? Is this only fixable from a dev in a far distant patch years from now? This needs to be fixed or housing is broken and thus what is the point and I wasted coins for a build I cant complete.