Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Website and Server Merging Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 24, 2019
We've grown to love Wizard101/Pirate101/etc. and Kingsisle's accompanying websites, but what if we could make them better and merge everything all onto ONE website, like Kingsisle.com? Here are some suggestions and reasons on why Kingsisle should do this to save/combine resources on web development and make their Games and Websites even greater:

1. Wizard101.com, Pirate101.com, FreeKIGames.com, etc. should all be MERGED together into Kingsisle.com to allow Players easier access to Kingsisle's large library of content.
This allows players to not have to travel to a bunch of different websites to access their favorite pieces of content. Kingsisle.com is simple enough for people to memorize and for those that're not going to be in the know, Wizard101.com/etc. can redirect to Kingsisle.com's website allowing players to continue accessing their favorite content from there.

People will say "BuT wHaT aBoUt ThE SeRvEr CoStS", in my opinion (I could be wrong), it'd cost the SAME to have all of their content on ONE, easy to access website instead of three+ separate websites. It would also be easier to control their content and streamline added website features and support.

2. Wizard101, Pirate101, Mobile Gaming, etc. Forums should be all MERGED to Kingsisle.com
This would make it easier for Forum Moderators and Players alike to access all of the collective Kingsisle Forums all on ONE website. The Forums being merged together would in turn, make the Forums a LOT larger and worth exploring and posting in categories unfamiliar to Players. For Pirate101 users, this could give their Forum the "Hey, I'm still here!" kick it needs. For Mobile Gaming users, this could revitalize mobile gaming discussions and potentially bring back Closed Games if they're talked about and demanded enough! (Come back Wargoonz, we miss you. Get Jiggy, who?)

Since the Forums would be merged, Players should also be offered the chance to "restart" their Forum Profiles. New Names, New Icons (From ALL of Kingsisle's Games, perhaps even some new ones), "Zero Posts", and a One-Time Unban on Banned Forum Posters (This unban could come with a caveat that if you do something inappropriate on the New Forums, you'll be Banned again this time with No Exceptions).
This, above, would do as it sounds and remove ALL of your former posts, name, etc.
Think of it as a New Website, a New You!

3. FreeKIGames content (Games and Trivia) should be made exclusively available via Kingsisle.com
My thoughts are FreeKIGames has a LOT of content that would feel more befitting to feature on and be more easily accessible via the Kingsisle.com website, letting Players who've discovered Wizard101/Pirate101/etc. also discover the countless number of Free Games and Trivia once exclusive to Kingsisle's FreeKIGames Library be accessible through Kingsisle.com. It would also finally end the age-old confusion of whether or not it's KIFreeGames.com or FreeKIGames.com.
(Don't tell me you haven't gotten confused before on what the website's called, we've all done it)
With FreeKIGames merged into Kingsisle.com, this could ALSO open up the pathway for more Free to Play games being featured and playable on the Website and could even open up Browser Support for Existing/Once-Existing Mobile Games.

4. ALL of the Mobile Games should have a spotlight on them as they can be displayed on Kingsisle's Website, alongside other Games.
Mobile Games deserve some attention but having too many websites to showcase them all would be a pain. Having a single website with web tabs that you click on to then show you what the Mobile Game has to offer, would be a great incentive to let players discover what games are available and a better way to streamline the advertising of Kingsisle's Mobile Gaming products. Kingsisle can offer a web tab that also features descriptions of "discontinued" mobile games that'll allow players to explore Kingsisle's Mobile Gaming legacy and perhaps create some chatter about the games being revived.

5. Kingsisle should better host a Stream Extension webpage from the comfort of their own Website and have Stream Extensions for things other than Twitch.
Too lazy to make a Twitch Account but wanna watch KILive from the comfort of Kingsisle.com? This could happen! Advertising would be made simpler by having a more direct URL with an in-website stream extension for those who'll want to watch KILive. It could be as simple as kingsisle.com/KILive! You could even begin to stream on other platforms like YouTube, Mixer, etc. and bring those extensions over to your main website!

6. Kingsisle should shine a better spotlight on the Career Opportunities tab, Kingsisle's Press Tab, Company History Tab, Contact Form Tab, etc. and create newer Tabs for Viewers to utilize.
For those who play the games but also are looking to work for Kingsisle, this could create a better chance for those individuals to see these tabs and see the historical facts and press releases related to Kingsisle Entertainment. Kingsisle can even add additional tabs for things like Player/Account Safety, Free Kingsisle Gaming Assets to Download, Kingsisle Cooking Recipes (Cuz I want me a Gobbler Cake), Kingsisle Short Stories, Kingsisle Developer Stories, Community Newsletters, etc.

7. One HUGE reason to have an All-In-One Website is that Kingsisle can create THEIR OWN type of Social Media Platform.
No More Toxicity, No More Headaches! Kingsisle could create their own in-website Social Media platform that Players could utilize and socialize with others and/or with individuals who work for Kingsisle Entertainment (Similar to what Wizard101Devs is for on Twitter). LOTS of people like myself despise the toxicity seen in the Kingsisle Twitter Community, etc. so streamlining content to a single, social media like platform on Kingsisle.com can create a socially friendly environment for everyone to utilize.

This could also open the door for Users to have an Advanced Custom Profile to use and see on the Kingsisle.com website, including Profile Pictures (Moderator Approval), Status Tags (I'm Feeling Good Today, ), and other small details like Brief User Posts (Maximum 1000 Digits), Direct Game Screenshot Sharing, User Playtime Details, Max Character Details (Name, Class and Level - Example: Kyle Brand, , 92), Favorite Game, etc. Verified Community Leaders would have a "Verified Checkmark" next to their name.

Now people would say, "But what about Kingsisle's existing presence on Social Media platforms?"
I'm not sure, my thoughts are Kingsisle doesn't need them since those Platforms are barely controllable and are nothing but negative individuals most of the time. Kingsisle could "Lock" their Platforms and redirect individuals to use Kingsisle's Platform on Kingsisle.com instead for Future Updates, Posts, etc. Locking Accounts would also allow Kingsisle to retain these Handles if in case the Kingsisle.com Platform doesn't turn out well.

8. An All-In-One Website would allow Kingsisle to really focus on what's needed with Additional Website/Game Security.
Two Factor Authentication and Website/Server DDoS Protection, anyone?

Something else I see in all of this is that the Euro Folk are feeling abandoned. This could be rectified with a Wizard101 Server Merger/International Support for US Wizard101.

I'm sensing the "BuT KiNgSiSlE HaS a CoNtRaCt wItH GaMeFoRgE fOr ThOsE PlAyErS", but really ask yourself...
Has Gameforge really brought more to Euro Players than Kingsisle does for the US Version other than hosting the Game's Servers over there? Other than a few housing items that were ONCE exclusive and Bundles buyable with Crowns, my thought is NO.

I'm not trying to be mean to Gameforge but I feel like Players there should be treated equally, no matter where they live.

Therefore, a Server Merger can result in the following:

Allows Euro Players to play an up to date version of Wizard101 and gain access to features like the Test Realm, Kingsisle.com Support, Website Ideas (Listed Above, If Implemented), Immediate Access to US Bundles unavailable yet in Euro Versions, Adding Player Count to Kingsisle's Variety of Games, Gaining Access to Games like Pirate101, etc. Euro Players, importantly, would also have voices in the development of Kingsisle's Games.

Features that're exclusive to the Euro Versions including Stars (Perhaps Even Other) Icons next to Player Names, Euro Exclusive Bundles like the Purreau's Pet Collection Bundle/Piggle Bundle/etc., Bundles buyable for Crowns (Prices adjusted to fair US Dollar value) and Euro Exclusive Housing Items could be brought to the US Version of Wizard101 making the game that much larger and accessible to all Players.

This could ALL be done via Added Language Support for ALL of Kingsisle's content (Copypasting Game Dialogue from Euro Versions, Once Existing Asian Versions, etc. of Wizard101 to the US Version, selectable by an Account Creation/Client toggle) and/or copypasting Gameforge Game Progress to the US Version (Gameforge Players with Usernames that're taken on the US Version could be granted an option to rename their Accounts).

This all would also allow for Games to have a Wider Language Speaking Audience and hopefully those games will grow more with Different Languages added to those games. Perhaps we could get some Japanese and Russian Language Support? Perhaps we could revive Turkish Support? (I remember you guys, don't worry. I'm here for ya)

Hopefully these things will happen!