Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monkey Business quest crash

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 26, 2012
I'm on the quest "Monkey Business" in mirage where you have to follow Ali Baboon on his carpet. At the end of the carpet ride, my game crashes every time. The person I was questing with said this was happening with him too.

Administrator
Jordan DreamStaff on Apr 22, 2020 wrote:
I'm on the quest "Monkey Business" in mirage where you have to follow Ali Baboon on his carpet. At the end of the carpet ride, my game crashes every time. The person I was questing with said this was happening with him too.
Thanks Jordan! We are aware and working on a fix. Please avoid the quest for now if you can.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2015
Is there a workaround to complete this quest? I’m on the same quest and the game keeps crashing on the carpet ride. I can’t go any further in Mirage until I finish this quest.

Brynn Stormrunner
Level 117 Storm Wizard

Survivor
Sep 26, 2018
I've tried doing this carpet chase a few times and it keeps crashing. This has to be a server side bug because I've spoken to some people about this and they also have this same problem. It happens right at the end of the cutscene when I'm about to get off the carpet. This is pretty game breaking as it completely halts progress, please fix this asap.

Edit: I've managed to find a workaround to this problem. The area in caterwaul canyons where the ride ends is blocked before you complete the quest but it becomes unblocked after you attempt the cutscene. If you go there and walk around the carpet the quest should update (it's the area with the cactus for Eloise).

Survivor
Sep 26, 2018
If you go to caterwaul canyons after the game crashes in the cutscene, the area where the ride ends will be unblocked so you can enter (it's the area with the cactus). Walk around the carpet a little bit and the mission should be counted. Worked for me

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
RogMonSkii on Apr 23, 2020 wrote:
I've tried doing this carpet chase a few times and it keeps crashing. This has to be a server side bug because I've spoken to some people about this and they also have this same problem. It happens right at the end of the cutscene when I'm about to get off the carpet. This is pretty game breaking as it completely halts progress, please fix this asap.

Edit: I've managed to find a workaround to this problem. The area in caterwaul canyons where the ride ends is blocked before you complete the quest but it becomes unblocked after you attempt the cutscene. If you go there and walk around the carpet the quest should update (it's the area with the cactus for Eloise).
for sure something with the server, I thought it was my desktop but tried it on a few different PC's it they all crashed. Hope it gets fixed soon...

Survivor
May 15, 2017
Not sure if this will reach the developers or not, but I have found a bug during my Marleybone crafting.
I finished the crafting for the quest "Craft Services" and it tells me to talk to Felicia Worthington, but then shows a grey arrow.

Here is an image of the bug.
imgur.com/a/t8BWNSL

Hoping to get back to crafting soon. Thanks!

Survivor
Sep 12, 2016
So I had this quest where im in Mirage on the carpet following Ali Baboon I believe and everytime I reach the next area, the app just closes and tells me to do a report bug. I have reported this several times happening for 2 days now, still no reply from KI, anyone have a solution to this problem?
Note: Main quest line, not a side quest been stuck on lvl 120 for 2 days nice...

Survivor
Dec 31, 2015
Thank you so much Rogmonskii that worked for me as well. I really appreciate you taking the time to help.

Brynn Stormrunner

Survivor
May 29, 2012
Thank you, Rogmonskii!!! I've been having the same problem for the past two days and this worked! Now I can continue my quest!