Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please Change Aphrodite/Secret Bosses

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
The team up mechanism for farming Aphrodite is seriously broken. Since it is much less common than the full dungeon, it is incredibly hard to find people in game who want to do it. Therefore, people (like myself) join the team up kiosk for the full Darkmoor dungeon. This inevitably leads to some sort of conflict-- usually someone else leaves because I won't do a full Darkmoor run (I don't want to spend 3 hours farming something I don't need), and it ends up being a waste of time for everyone.

People get angry at me for wasting their time, and it frustrates me that it is so hard to find a team. In fact, someone just reported me because I kept joining team up. When there are 2 bosses that drop totally different things and can be run in parallel, having only one team up clearly leads to some problems. It is getting so insane because the same people are joining team up and there keep being conflicts.

I made a post similar to this awhile back, and I thought the problem was solved after seeing the test realm updates, but I wish a more concrete solution was implemented. Farming vs. questing is an important distinction, but I also think secret boss vs. non secret boss is one too. Someone responded to the post saying that this wouldn't likely happen, but I'm curious if we could have someone from KI (@sparck) tell us how much of a priority this would be for developers. I imagine adding a simple button for the team up feature wouldn't be difficult, but I'm curious if this is a realistic expectation

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
The problem with Aphrodite is that the gear is pointless for some schools besides storm and fire well maybe just storm the best damage athame drops from Aphrodite which gives 18+Dmg (Aphrodite storm of thorns)With this athame, my storm has 160 dmg 100% critical rate 100% pip rate and 33% accuracy

17+Dmg (Blade of the shadow Palace)
With this athame, my storm has 159 dmg 100% critical rate 103% pip rate and 33% accuracy

16+Dmg (Dragon's Talon of Tumult)
With this athame, my storm has 158 dmg 100% critical rate 106% pip rate and 33% accuracy

So you can see why only some storms do this boss for the athame only.The gear that Aphrodite drops is energy gear like the wand ring and some athames have a bit of energy stats on them this comes in handy for pet training or gardening the rings are not so good for critical since we have mimics rings or paradox rings or vanguards and dragoons rings so mimics are kinda not worth it since you will out level them

if it's for the sacred charge spell trust me it's not that good I have it on my life and it's kinda useless but the animations are good if it's for the badge than yeah nobody wears it (flower power) eh outdated

Aphrodite drops okay seeds like ultra seeds TC however eh cheap reagents eh the same pet snacks eh not so good

Explorer
Oct 24, 2019
apache475 on Apr 16, 2020 wrote:
The problem with Aphrodite is that the gear is pointless for some schools besides storm and fire well maybe just storm the best damage athame drops from Aphrodite which gives 18+Dmg (Aphrodite storm of thorns)With this athame, my storm has 160 dmg 100% critical rate 100% pip rate and 33% accuracy

17+Dmg (Blade of the shadow Palace)
With this athame, my storm has 159 dmg 100% critical rate 103% pip rate and 33% accuracy

16+Dmg (Dragon's Talon of Tumult)
With this athame, my storm has 158 dmg 100% critical rate 106% pip rate and 33% accuracy

So you can see why only some storms do this boss for the athame only.The gear that Aphrodite drops is energy gear like the wand ring and some athames have a bit of energy stats on them this comes in handy for pet training or gardening the rings are not so good for critical since we have mimics rings or paradox rings or vanguards and dragoons rings so mimics are kinda not worth it since you will out level them

if it's for the sacred charge spell trust me it's not that good I have it on my life and it's kinda useless but the animations are good if it's for the badge than yeah nobody wears it (flower power) eh outdated

Aphrodite drops okay seeds like ultra seeds TC however eh cheap reagents eh the same pet snacks eh not so good
This could be fixed in one of two ways:

1. Buff Aphrodite's Drops. Athames would be 18 DMG for ALL classes. Aphrodite's Wand should come with a Tear Socket. Aphrodite should drop an Amulet with 2 Tear Sockets and a Mount with Energy.

2. Aphrodite and every other Key Boss should come with Second Chance Chests instead of the weird Gold Chest they drop at the end of the Duel.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
I don't think the issue is the drops-- first, you completely ignored the ring, which is why most people farm Aphrodite. But, it doesn't matter what reason players have for farming a particular boss as long as there is one. In fact @apache demonstrated my point because so few people farm Aphrodite, it becomes super frustrating when trying to find a team. Also, adding a second chance chest only helps people with crowns, and not those that only use membership

Explorer
Oct 24, 2019
Travis GiantTalon on Apr 20, 2020 wrote:
I don't think the issue is the drops-- first, you completely ignored the ring, which is why most people farm Aphrodite. But, it doesn't matter what reason players have for farming a particular boss as long as there is one. In fact @apache demonstrated my point because so few people farm Aphrodite, it becomes super frustrating when trying to find a team. Also, adding a second chance chest only helps people with crowns, and not those that only use membership
If this was directed at me,

1. The Ring is already powerful enough as it is.
2. How about you get some help instead of getting mad at people on forum posts for making SUGGESTIONS.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
JValhalla on Apr 17, 2020 wrote:
This could be fixed in one of two ways:

1. Buff Aphrodite's Drops. Athames would be 18 DMG for ALL classes. Aphrodite's Wand should come with a Tear Socket. Aphrodite should drop an Amulet with 2 Tear Sockets and a Mount with Energy.

2. Aphrodite and every other Key Boss should come with Second Chance Chests instead of the weird Gold Chest they drop at the end of the Duel.
I fully and entirely support this my friend has been farming aphrodite for years trying to get sacred charge and in total 13 people so far have gotten it instead of him but yet has gotten all of the 12% damage rings including the school energy athame and rings i feel like a second chance chest at key bosses would do a lot of good honestly heck even an option make a new chest entirely that you could a key to dig in would work better for stuff like this

Survivor
Sep 07, 2016
Here is a suggestion. How about adding to the team up window giving the option to select a team up group for gold key bosses.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
JValhalla on Apr 20, 2020 wrote:
If this was directed at me,

1. The Ring is already powerful enough as it is.
2. How about you get some help instead of getting mad at people on forum posts for making SUGGESTIONS.
1. I agree the ring is powerful enough. However, I don't think we need to buff any piece of gear (including the athame), since players are already farming Aphrodite

2. Sorry if you thought I was mad at you! I'm not mad at all, I just don't think your proposed solution would be helpful to solving the problem. My issue with farming has been finding a team, not just the low drop rates. Adding a team up for these secret bosses would fix this. My problem isn't with Aphrodite in general, but with a bunch of secret bosses (Gladiator, sand squid tentacles, Cronus, etc.) and I therefore think a more radical change regarding the whole secret boss system is necessary.

Sorry if you thought I was mad at you or your suggestions, that was certainly not the intention!