Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting WinterTusk Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2018
Hello

I just reached level 60 and did my first run of WW (very hard) and I got the fire boots for my Wizard, but being honest I don't really want to spend that amount of time in WW farming for the robe and hat. Should I just craft the WT hat and robe and wear the WW boots with that or continue farming WW for the hat and robe? Crafting shouldn't take me that long as I have a lot of the reagents needed.

P.S: I have read everywhere that WW gear is the best but it is all your preference. I would just like a few more opinions on whether a mix of the two or just WW gear should do.

Thanks!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I usually craft Wintertusk at level 56, then wear it until level 60. At level 60, I run Waterworks. I will do that about 2-4 times, depending on my mood and the drops I get. Wintertusk gets replaced with whatever drops come my way from WW. Especially, it's worth it to run WW a few times in hope of getting the hat.

Next, I will run House of Scales (a Krokotopia dungeon for level 60) and try to get the robe that has more damage than WW and a prism-for-everyone. I like the Scales dungeon a lot more than WW. It 'feels' shorter (although it probably isn't), and the gear looks nicer.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
The WT crafted hat, IMO, is BETTER than the WW hat, because of the extra blade it gives you. I use the WT gear, then farm WW for the better of the two (based off of my playing style), but the WW hat is ALWAYS on my "must get list" for the extra blade. I stop using it when I get the Blade of the Felled titan and put on a dual school blade gem on it. At that point, I got back to the WW hat, until L100 then hope for a lucky Darkmoor drop.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2018
Thanks heaps for replying . I will probably farm for the WW gear; as someone who does likes doing a lot of damage in one go the extra damage helps a lot! The resist is also amazing too since I rarely heal in fights (only when my health gets lower than the threshold I like it to be), it does wonders. I do have a jewel that gives me 15 resist on all schools so I will definitely be using that when I am lvl 65.

On to another question I have....What would be the best Rings and Athames for my level (60)?

At the moment I am using a bazaar brought athame and a crafted ring from Celestia. Both give good health and mana, power pip chance and the ring also gives incoming and out coming health.

Are there any rings or athames that give good health (and mana), power pip chance and good incoming as I don't really heal people? I've seen some give a small percent of damage and critical/block, that would be good too but I don't particularly need that [crit/block] right now so no rush for them. There's not as much information on rings and athames so thought I'd ask

Thanks lots for helping!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
dayerider on Feb 3, 2018 wrote:
The WT crafted hat, IMO, is BETTER than the WW hat, because of the extra blade it gives you. I use the WT gear, then farm WW for the better of the two (based off of my playing style), but the WW hat is ALWAYS on my "must get list" for the extra blade. I stop using it when I get the Blade of the Felled titan and put on a dual school blade gem on it. At that point, I got back to the WW hat, until L100 then hope for a lucky Darkmoor drop.
You can always buy shango's amulet for your school for an extra stackable blade! You can buy these in Zararia, or sometimes the bazaar, its pretty handy to have!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The best ring and amulet for level 60 might be the ones dropped from the Tower of the Helephant, a tough dungeon in Wysteria for level 60. Take a team!

Lexicon Blade
Aureate Band

They offer pips, critical block, 15% healing and 5% universal damage. There's also a chance to win mastery amulets there as rare drops.

The crafted ones from Wintertusk offer energy as well as pips and critical block. The crafted ones offer less healing and damage than the Helephant set, but they are an excellent second choice.

The House of Scales drops three tiers of gear, including a good ring, an athame, and an amulet that adds a Blade plus some health. The highest version of ring and athame are on par with the Wintertusk crafted ring/athame, and the highest tier amulet is exceptional.

Many other good options are sold in the Bazaar or drop in Zafaria.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Jasmine3429 on Feb 4, 2018 wrote:
You can always buy shango's amulet for your school for an extra stackable blade! You can buy these in Zararia, or sometimes the bazaar, its pretty handy to have!
Yes, you CAN buy that, but only if you have a higher ranked wizard that is in, or above, Zafaria and bank share it if you dont find it in the bazaar. Also, if you use a mastery amulet, this isnt an option. At L60, the helm is the best way to go if the amulet isnt an option.