Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Alternate Prisms

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
The only problem I have with prisms is that (low-level) enemies use shields for the opposite school. This means that if you use a prism, you often suffer -80% shields instead. There are ways around this such as shatter or steal ward, but at low levels these spells aren't used much, usually because of inaccessibility. I think that there should be new prisms that convert to other schools, like from Ice to Myth, or Fire to Death and so on. I hope this is considered, even possibly as cards from gear sets, or just treasure cards.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Being a storm wizard, my off school for my prisms is Myth so I carry a Myth wand. Use the wands with the sparkles instead of the cards. That way, when he puts up the shield to defeat your prism, you plink it out and go ahead with your spell next round. And another trick......don't carry a wand from your own school. You end up breaking your own traps and blades when you don't want to. Let's say you put up one of your blades then the next round none of your school cards comes up. You have sparkles there though and they are free to cast, but if you're using your school wand (which has your school sparkles) you break your blade for nothing. You don't have to mess with other cards of shatter or steal. Try different wands - I have four - for different situations. When you face your own school, before you enter the circle, get out your prisms, change wands, and then step in. Later, different wands can also add to your pip chances and other skills.

Alexis Dawnbreaker lvl 49 Storm

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You know to avoid or counter the shield problem.

You can:

Simply wand off the shield - Usually, it's a good idea to have a wand with the opposite school as you in case this dilemma occurs.

Use the convert before the opponent shields - Low level mobs usually shield during the first couple rounds of battle. Knowing this, you will want to convert quickly.

Survivor
Oct 26, 2012
It's extremely annoying when life enemies use a death shield. Life attacks are already low enough in damage, and you're really gonna shield?

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
You can't wand off a -80 shield an enemy puts on themselves if its your own school because you likely have blades and traps that will get wasted. However, its still a good thing to do because the shield has to go and you really don't want to waste pips on a spell thats not really going to do much damage. Opposite school wanding does not work because it won't take off your own school's shield. Opposite school wands only works to remove the negatives that are put on you. So really the best thing to do is when you see your own school, plan for a longer battle and pack your deck accordingly. You're going to have to hit more than once. When it comes to bosses of your own school, use team up if you can. It gets better later on because you will see less and less of the -80s and like you said, you get the tools necessary to hit through these shields. You could also always pack other school hits. Not your opposite mind you, because if you're ice fighting fire who puts an ice shield up that won't help.