Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please Update W101 with a Charm Proof Aura or Opal

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Charm Proof would block all incoming charms i.e black mantle, weakness, bad juju, and/or dispels.

Dispel proof is convenient as well. Thanks. William Griffincloud.

15 Year Member plus

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
gordo571 on Jun 18, 2017 wrote:
Charm Proof would block all incoming charms i.e black mantle, weakness, bad juju, and/or dispels.

Dispel proof is convenient as well. Thanks. William Griffincloud.

15 Year Member plus
As good as the idea sounds, it really isn't. Remember that sooner or later, everything wizards have, the mobs and bosses will eventually get. I don't think I want to face something that can't be dispelled one way or the other. But, that is also why we have access to Cleans Charm. Also, it you are hit with one of those before you start to Blade, just wand hit it off.

I would hate to think that something like Charm Proof could prevent us from setting Blades on ourselves or others we happen to be teamed with. Not a good scenario.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Young wizard, as you advance you will discover high level mobs prevent you from blading up, and as you are aware storm wizards have enfeeble as a secondary spell on glow bell spells. I have conquered wizards who like to blade up by casting earthquake which removes all wards and blades on a given player. Well, again, hope KI can come to develop a charm proof spell for high level wizards. See ya Morgrim.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
gordo571 on Jun 24, 2017 wrote:
Young wizard, as you advance you will discover high level mobs prevent you from blading up, and as you are aware storm wizards have enfeeble as a secondary spell on glow bell spells. I have conquered wizards who like to blade up by casting earthquake which removes all wards and blades on a given player. Well, again, hope KI can come to develop a charm proof spell for high level wizards. See ya Morgrim.
What makes you think I am not a high level wizard. You might want to look at my join date. I also have 12 wizards and a Charm proof spell would be a very bad idea.

With all the dispels, weaknesses, including spells that have a secondary -90, other spells besides earthquake that remove some of your blades already, Charm Proof could backfire in a way you would not want.

I have already dealt with battles that blading (CHARMS) isn't allowed but that is part of the challenge. Every spell wizards are given, usually ends up in the hands of the mobs and bosses.

There are also battles that HEALS and WARDS aren't allowed to be used by us wizards.

How many times have you been hit with an Efreet? That -90 is just about as "Charm Proof" as you can get. Unless you have a Cleans Charm in hand with Full stacked Blades ready to cast your own spell, you aren't going to do much damage to those mobs or bosses.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Fellow wizard, greetings. I understand you have a familiarity with the cleanse charm, however, when you battle death wizards they cast juju spells repeatedly. In this situation, a cleanse charm is far fetched considering it will be a treasure card which most of us wizards have several and the chances of pulling a cleanse thirty times is a stretch. The fire wizards are wonderful to combat, although they have cheats with multiple traps, there saving spell efreet is a lost cause when you are expecting this spell to be casted. So again friend, my major concern is death wizards who cast juju spells routinely throughout battle. Best of luck, griffincloud.