Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do people not do castle tours anymore?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2013
My castle was/is on the tour for about a month but I only have 1 VISIT!!!!! How is this happening? Why do people not do the tours anymore? I do it all the time when I'm bored.
Should I remove it from tours then put it back on again? Or should I leave it? PLZ HELP ME!!!!

Abigail Skygem MAIN (LVL 117)
Blaze IceGem (Yes, I have boy and girl wiz) knight (LVL 10)
Brianna FairyGlen STARTING CELESTIA FINALLY (LVL 52)
Jennifer ShadowHunter Best dancer in my wiz (LVL 12)

;)

(Sorry if too many questions, don't need to answer them all XD)

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
AbbySG on May 2, 2017 wrote:
My castle was/is on the tour for about a month but I only have 1 VISIT!!!!! How is this happening? Why do people not do the tours anymore? I do it all the time when I'm bored.
Should I remove it from tours then put it back on again? Or should I leave it? PLZ HELP ME!!!!

;)

Most likely due to Monstrology. A lot of people started doing that, therefore things like castle tours are a little less popular. It's not your fault, but it will take it for that visit count to go up.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Genevieve HexPyre 100+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Khrysalis)

Defender
Apr 06, 2013

;)

As the game keeps getting updated with new stuff to do, there less time for people to do castle tours and work on the new things in the updates, such as monstrology.

Alejandro

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011

;)

It's totally random what happens to your decorated castle when it's listed.

Many people will visit castles that have been listed within 24 hours. After that, it's pretty hard to get visitors. You gotta figure there are 10s of thousands (or even millions) of houses listed at any given time. It's difficult to get your house recognized.

On that note, there are still thousands of houses that are basically storage and are still listed on Castle Tours. Probably 50-75% of the houses I visit are not decorated but are filled with dropped stuff that was probably dumped out of someone's backpack.

It's a shame, as there are houses that are beautifully decorated that don't get the notice they deserve. I wish there was a better way to see and rate houses, but alas, any possible changes will probably happen a long time down the road.

The best way for your house to be recognized (and possibly ranked) is to keep listing it during that 24 hour period. Once you have sufficient visitors and/or ranking, you can leave it for the 60 days.

I hope this helps!!!!