Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Text Chat - Add some words

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 25, 2016
I know text chat is limited, but I was thinking they could at least add the word "they'd" only cause it is a word just the conjunction of "that would" so people could say for example: "That'd be awesome!" vs "that would be awesome!"
I just see it as unfair that open chat(which I have) can say a real exsisting word, but text chats can't. Another word I noticed isn't in text chat is "texted" you have to say "text ed". So you can't say somthing like: "I texted you" have to say: "I text ed you" Those are really the only two words that I think off the top of my head that should be added to text chat.

Can anyone else think of any?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Would be good to see a little more variations and diversity added to the current text chat system.

But since it is grossly abused on such a daily basis, I only see more and more words getting/being censored unfortunately.

Would also be cool to provide those accounts who have limited to no reports/sanctions (not including false reports) to get access to this new diverse chat and censor words for those guilty of the abuse.

Good shouldn't have to be suffering for the bad all the time.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
car truck van bus vehicle cam demo demolition glitching glitched lag lagged few others

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
I agree. I would like "I am in a Dungeon". It would be nice

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Star Edward on Jan 5, 2017 wrote:
Would be good to see a little more variations and diversity added to the current text chat system.

But since it is grossly abused on such a daily basis, I only see more and more words getting/being censored unfortunately.

Would also be cool to provide those accounts who have limited to no reports/sanctions (not including false reports) to get access to this new diverse chat and censor words for those guilty of the abuse.

Good shouldn't have to be suffering for the bad all the time.

There is no need to censor more words, in fact bring in more words. It's word combinations you want to censor, as you said it gets abused on a daily basis. People come up with some strange combinations of words so they can swear, just simply remove these combinations of words.

Explorer
May 25, 2016
camahawk on Jan 5, 2017 wrote:
car truck van bus vehicle cam demo demolition glitching glitched lag lagged few others
Car - it already exsist :)
Truck - turns yellow for me so ya that'd be a word to add to text chat
Van - turns red o.o not sure what's so bad about that word, but ok
Bus - turns yellow for me. Another good word to add
Vehicle - again turns yellow for me
Cam - turns yellow. Not sure why u wanna add this. Guessing nickname for Cameron?
Demo - turns yellow for me
Demolition - turns yellow for me. I'd like this added because if I went to the fair I'd like to tell my friends about the Demolition Derby :D
Glitching/Glitched - turns yellow. I'd also like this added cause I could say "my game glitched" to my text chat only friends :)
Lag/lagged - turns yellow. Yes for sure should add this! That way if ur trying to join Bane or Pagoda and ur a few seconds behind due to lag u can tell ur friends :)

Survivor
Dec 31, 2016
Personally I think that just about every appropriate word should be added in. I like to use my terminology to it's fullest extent (Just me?), but often find the words not in the vocabulary of the game. I can't quite list any off the top of my head (I can be extremely forgetful), but if the word can be found in the dictionary and is not inappropriate I see no reason for it not to be in the game. And, as it was said, I think it's rather the word combinations that should be monitored, rather than the words themselves.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Wolfwhisker on Jan 6, 2017 wrote:
Car - it already exsist :)
Truck - turns yellow for me so ya that'd be a word to add to text chat
Van - turns red o.o not sure what's so bad about that word, but ok
Bus - turns yellow for me. Another good word to add
Vehicle - again turns yellow for me
Cam - turns yellow. Not sure why u wanna add this. Guessing nickname for Cameron?
Demo - turns yellow for me
Demolition - turns yellow for me. I'd like this added because if I went to the fair I'd like to tell my friends about the Demolition Derby :D
Glitching/Glitched - turns yellow. I'd also like this added cause I could say "my game glitched" to my text chat only friends :)
Lag/lagged - turns yellow. Yes for sure should add this! That way if ur trying to join Bane or Pagoda and ur a few seconds behind due to lag u can tell ur friends :)
van - i blame Daniel i had to sorry....
and yeah Cam for Cameron.... and any other possible shorting for names

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
daggydoo on Jan 6, 2017 wrote:
I agree. I would like "I am in a Dungeon". It would be nice
I have to agree this would be a logic response text that should exist at all levels.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Funny enough: "van" is red but "vans" is white.
"Gun" is red but "guns" is white.
"Get in" is red but "Get, in" (with the comma) is white.
"Cumulative" and "accumulate" are both red, as are "bazaars".
"Grape" and "Crape" (as in Queen Crape Myrtle) are red.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
camahawk on Jan 8, 2017 wrote:
van - i blame Daniel i had to sorry....
and yeah Cam for Cameron.... and any other possible shorting for names
I like the idea of adding more options for shorter/nicknames. For instance, I somewhat like "Nathaniel" (prefer the variant "Natanael/Nathanael"), but I dislike the shortened name "Nathan." I prefer the name "Nate," but using this word is only an option for Open Chatters.

But to add onto the general list of words for Text Chatters, here are a couple words I thought of that show up yellow:
Essentially
Why'd
Contact
Call me
Twas ("'Twas Brillig" is the name of a quest.)
And nearly anything that ends in "-ology"

I'm sure I'm forgetting quite a few, but others will hopefully fill in the blanks.

Best of luck!
S.S.