Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good tips when fighting a Warlord?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Hey guys,

Anyone know any good tips against fighting Warlords? I'm a life wizard, so should I just pack shields and heals into my deck? I know there's a spell that gets rid of overtime damage effects, I just forgot what it's called. Usually, when I start a battle with a Warlord they spam a shield. Then over the course of the next rounds, they throw on blades, aura spells, etc. Then after taking a few five hours, they attack. So, anyone got any good tips for me?

--Fiona

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Shatter treasure cards are your friend. If you can get myth mastery, then you can also use Earthquake to disarm them (this will also remove negative charms and wards).

The DoT-removing spell is called Triage.

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 29, 2016 wrote:
Survive.
That's some real amazing advice!

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Have lots of doom and gloom. That is the best tip of all time.

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
Fiona FairySong on Oct 5, 2016 wrote:
Hey guys,

Anyone know any good tips against fighting Warlords? I'm a life wizard, so should I just pack shields and heals into my deck? I know there's a spell that gets rid of overtime damage effects, I just forgot what it's called. Usually, when I start a battle with a Warlord they spam a shield. Then over the course of the next rounds, they throw on blades, aura spells, etc. Then after taking a few five hours, they attack. So, anyone got any good tips for me?

--Fiona
You guys are all to vague, smh(shaking my head). Listen, if you want to be warlord, never mind all those tc advice and etc. What you need to be is smart, it can either be street or book smart, both have their pros and cons. Street smart is more adabatable and flexible but isn't good to things like math or etc. While Booksmart is dictionary thinking, you basically go through your head like a index using everything you know or studied to solve a problem. You just need to find what makes you, strong.

So my personally tip for you is don't be obvious, do moves the enemy wouldn't think of. Like when i see a private i think, alright i already know what this guy is going to do because he is new. So in such a case you have to be sure, that doesn't be you, do something they wouldn't expect, leave a minus or shield when they think you would attack because you have pips or because there is a opening. Be smart and you will have warlord in no time, if you have any more questions feel free to ask, or if you want to add me ingame so i can help you with some pvp then that works too.

By the way, i would be warlord again with my main characters but lately there has been too many try hards in pvp, jade users and juju spammers who would rather waste my time then actually fight back. Oh yea, when you see a jade with a high rank or a juju(results may vary). If its the jade with the high rank then just flee cause you will get a 1 hour or more longer pvp match, which isn't worth it since matches can be 10 minutes for the same amount of points.

Oh yea, get a pet that works for you not the other way around. Get a pet that compliments your style of combat, don't go based off of majority, cause just cause it works for them doesn't mean the same for you. Personally my favorite pet that i have gives 15 def, 6 damage, and may cast pixie and mc unicorn. The pet is universal which works best for all my chars.

Fire 1st and 2nd Age Warlord
Ice 1st Captain and 2nd Age Warlord
Storm 2nd Age Warlor

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
Fiona FairySong on Oct 5, 2016 wrote:
Hey guys,

--Fiona
Also sorry if i overtalked, just wanted to do something, i would of wanted for myself if i was new to pvp and didn't know where to start or what to do.