Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Name change

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 22, 2013
I think kingsisle should add a name change ability for perhaps a few crowns. I made my wizard name when I was very young and I want to change mine. I really hope a name change ability comes out in a new update

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
Yeah, that would be awesome. I remember way back when, when the game had just came out, they allowed you to change your name just once for like 500 or 5,000 crowns. It would be nice if they could do it again.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
This idea was proposed many times and has never been implemented. Probably due to the fact that a player may add you as (for example) Austin MoonHunter, only to find that sometime later your name has randomly changed to Jack Winter. This would mess up a lot of the systems. If you don't like your name so much, I would start a new character. I have done this several times for just that reason. Hope I helped.

~ Michael IceBreeze

Survivor
May 26, 2013
I can see how this could be useful for many, but I never want to change my Ice wizard's name from Jeremy Rainbowpants

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Erica LifePetal on Aug 2, 2016 wrote:
Yeah, that would be awesome. I remember way back when, when the game had just came out, they allowed you to change your name just once for like 500 or 5,000 crowns. It would be nice if they could do it again.
I do not recall this implementation at all, and I am not sure any other old players can recall it either. I could not find any other proof of this option ever existing.

However, if there is a second (reliable) source that also remembers name changes, I will gladly withdraw my argument.

Best of luck!
S.S.