Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mount Sound Problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
I don't know if this has been addressed before but this has been going on for quite a while for me.
I just got the new astral unicorn mount and the sound of the steps do not match the animation. I do not know if it is just my sound or not. I have not made any changes to my settings, I even tried headphones to see if it was my speakers. it wasn't, this happen with my white stag, unicorn, black stallion, almost every mount that I have. I really hope there is way to fix this.

- Morgan Darkrider 110

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
First of all, it's not that big of a deal, but even so it is a problem. From my experience, sometimes the audio on my computer slightly lags when I am watching videos, or playing games. The change is very slight, but is enough to throw off videos or in this case, the animation of the mount. I doubt it is a game issue, but basically is your computer lagging a bit and the issue is the aftermath. Hope that helped, and in case your wondering, there really isn't a way to fix it besides getting a faster computer.

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
I agree. It happens all the time with my mount. I've tried logging out, I've even tried restarting my computer. It got so annoying every time I actually use it I just turn the sound effects off.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
It could be playing the sound of a mount you previously rode. For a temporary solution, maybe ride the mount for a few days without using others and see if it goes away.

But it's likely not you, but rather an error in your computer interacting with the game. Or it's a game glitch, but I have never heard this problem before.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I started a thread on this subject a couple weeks after the 4/16 update - many are having this issue with all mounts since that update and so far nothing has been addressed by KI.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
ElectroCat on Jun 30, 2016 wrote:
First of all, it's not that big of a deal, but even so it is a problem. From my experience, sometimes the audio on my computer slightly lags when I am watching videos, or playing games. The change is very slight, but is enough to throw off videos or in this case, the animation of the mount. I doubt it is a game issue, but basically is your computer lagging a bit and the issue is the aftermath. Hope that helped, and in case your wondering, there really isn't a way to fix it besides getting a faster computer.
It isn't a lag issue - it is a bug from the April update due to complaints about the Chopper being too loud.

Sorry but it does have a negative impact on gameplay; many gamers use headsets to enhance the experience and it's very noticeable.

All mounts are out of sync as well as the sound being nerfed. Sometimes they make no sound at all.
My computer/gear set up is all new and top speed so that is why I started a thread on this topic early May.
It is definitely a bug.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Okay never mind...I have definitely heard this problem several times now! Haha