Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dark Nova And Nightbringer

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I've come across an unintended behavior with Dark Nova and Nightbringer. The spell Dark Nova always starts as this: you cast Dark Nova, the little shadow crawls behind you, and you get a shadow blade. However, if you use a spell enchanted with Nightbringer before you cast Dark Nova, the order changes to this: you cast Dark Nova, the little shadow crawls behind you, your Nightbringer spell casts, you get a shadow blade.

I believe this behavior is unintended as the starting portion of Dark Nova was always one spell. Though I believe due to the unique nature of Dark Nova, it was split off into multiple casts to make the process smoother. If you were to do the same thing with Shadow Shrike, you won't find any conflicts. In fact, you benefit from using Nightbringer with Shrike if the Nightbringer spell was something that Shrike likes as it will lower the Backlash.

I also noticed that the behavior previously posted about Daybringer and the Shadow spells wasn't fixed so I humbly request that the behaviors with Dark Nova get looked at. Thanks!

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I've decided to do bi-weekly updates to make note of this unusual behavior. I tried using different blades and traps with Nightbringer/Daybringer but the behavior has been consistent. The shadow beast spell and the shadow blade should be one action as the backlash doesn't decrease until after the initial shadow blade was casted by the shadow beast. I encourage other wizards to test this as well so that we can confirm this is consistent amongst multiple accounts.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Update November 28:
I had tested the behavior again in the previous week during the most recent Test Realm. The issue appeared to be there but I'm assuming this is being looked at as they have made Shadow Beasts "No PvP" in the test realm. It's either that or balance changes are being looked at. I will continue to monitor this and update when I can. Thanks for presumably looking into this.