Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bug Report: Enemy Cheat Cycles Get Thrown Off When Players Join

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 19, 2011
In a relatively recent update (in the past year, I think), a change was made which allows players to join a battle during the card-picking phase. This was a great change but it has a bug and interacts poorly with certain cheating bosses. Specifically, for bosses that have cheats or cheat cycles at the start of a round, the cheat will repeat once for each player that joins the battle during the card-picking phase.

For example,
- During the battle in the Hall of Heroes, each player that joins during the card picking phase causes the Shadoe to repeat her cheats an additional time. This means 2 extra hand limit cards for each player, as well as repeating her intercept and bubble animations.
- During either of the fights against Shane von Shane, each player that joins during the card picking phase causes Shane's cheat cycle to advance by one turn. This can be especially frustrating because advancing the cheat cycle by 3 turns results in one of the players getting beguiled. The other bosses in the graveyard in darkmoor have similar issues, but they are less frustrating.
- During the battle against Loremaster, each player that joins during the card picking phase causes the Loremaster to get an additional +50 blade.

This issue seems to be a general problem with many cheating bosses, and I'm sure there are others that I have missed. I would appreciate if it could be resolved quickly.