Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Neat List of Badge Bugs

AuthorMessage
Developer
Hello everyone!

There's a lot of issues with badges in this game and lots of ideas I have on how to improve them. However, in this post I shall list the issues that are actual bugs and do not work as intended. Reply to this message with any additional ones I may have missed! Also, KI let me know if any of these actually are intentional...

1. Beastmoon Monster Mayhem Events - This badge does not increase past 2/100 no matter how many times the player has completed Wave 3 of Monster Mayhem. There's also 2 instances of this badge on page 16 and 24 of the Deckathalon badges.
2. Myth Draconian Tiers - I have Myth Draconian at Tier 5, and all the badges are spread out and out of order across pages 12, 24, and 25
3. Myth Ninja Pig & Life Minotaur Tier 1 - All other forms' tier 1 badge has the name of the form alone, but these two have roman numeral I next to them, which is not consistent
4. Fire Ninja Pig & Myth Ninja Pig Images - These badges have what looks like the incorrect icon on the badge.
5. Empyrea Collection Badges - Unlike all other worlds, the badges in Empyrea show you ?/50 and ?/100 for each type of enemy you have to defeat on the first two pages of badges. Personally, I'd actually prefer if all other worlds did it this way, but nonetheless it's inconsistent.
6. Crafting Order - This is a small one, but on the second page of Crafting badges, they are out of order of completion
7. Fishing Fish - The fishing badges that require you catch a certain number of fish (Drop the Bass, Fish Whisperer, Bass Master, etc.) Do not show your progress. There's no (?/2500) or anything, which would be very helpful
8. Minigame Order - Another ordering one, there's three badges at the bottom, (Way of the Ninja Pig Hotshot, Grumpy Gobbler Hotshot, and Ninja Grandmaster) that need to be moved up.
9. Hatch ? Pets - Like the fishing badges, the badges Hatching Expert, Hatching Master, and Hatching Grandmaster don't show your progress on how many pets you've hatched
10. Deckathalon Order - This one is just a mess in terms of where all the badges are placed. All over the place! I'd assume they are meant to be grouped by school.
11. Deckathalon Champion - This is the badge for defeating all 7 professors, and the badge icon is the Balance school? I'd assume it was supposed to be something like the "Deckath-elite" badge imagery.

And that's all I could find! Hope this was helpful, and I hope these small issues could be fixed soon!

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Cam on Sep 22, 2021 wrote:
Hello everyone!

There's a lot of issues with badges in this game and lots of ideas I have on how to improve them. However, in this post I shall list the issues that are actual bugs and do not work as intended. Reply to this message with any additional ones I may have missed! Also, KI let me know if any of these actually are intentional...

1. Beastmoon Monster Mayhem Events - This badge does not increase past 2/100 no matter how many times the player has completed Wave 3 of Monster Mayhem. There's also 2 instances of this badge on page 16 and 24 of the Deckathalon badges.
2. Myth Draconian Tiers - I have Myth Draconian at Tier 5, and all the badges are spread out and out of order across pages 12, 24, and 25
3. Myth Ninja Pig & Life Minotaur Tier 1 - All other forms' tier 1 badge has the name of the form alone, but these two have roman numeral I next to them, which is not consistent
4. Fire Ninja Pig & Myth Ninja Pig Images - These badges have what looks like the incorrect icon on the badge.
5. Empyrea Collection Badges - Unlike all other worlds, the badges in Empyrea show you ?/50 and ?/100 for each type of enemy you have to defeat on the first two pages of badges. Personally, I'd actually prefer if all other worlds did it this way, but nonetheless it's inconsistent.
6. Crafting Order - This is a small one, but on the second page of Crafting badges, they are out of order of completion
7. Fishing Fish - The fishing badges that require you catch a certain number of fish (Drop the Bass, Fish Whisperer, Bass Master, etc.) Do not show your progress. There's no (?/2500) or anything, which would be very helpful
8. Minigame Order - Another ordering one, there's three badges at the bottom, (Way of the Ninja Pig Hotshot, Grumpy Gobbler Hotshot, and Ninja Grandmaster) that need to be moved up.
9. Hatch ? Pets - Like the fishing badges, the badges Hatching Expert, Hatching Master, and Hatching Grandmaster don't show your progress on how many pets you've hatched
10. Deckathalon Order - This one is just a mess in terms of where all the badges are placed. All over the place! I'd assume they are meant to be grouped by school.
11. Deckathalon Champion - This is the badge for defeating all 7 professors, and the badge icon is the Balance school? I'd assume it was supposed to be something like the "Deckath-elite" badge imagery.

And that's all I could find! Hope this was helpful, and I hope these small issues could be fixed soon!
Great observance!

1. My main is stuck at 11/100 Monster Mayhem Events. At the top of page 24 is Maximal Mayhemist. My other wizard has page 24 as 4/10 Monster Mayhem Events. Nonetheless, it is out of order and needs to start counting again. (Psst, you may have mistakenly written this to be on the Deckathalon badge pages)

2. Starting from page 17 or 18, there might be a discrepancy in the order of the I-IV badges. The top of page 18 is storm elf III and IV followed by ice wolf warrior. The space directly above clock puppet is ? The space above storm elf is ?
And then page 22 leaves no space for all of storm elf badges as it is cut short by life fairy; which that too is cut short by balance krokomummy which is cut even shorter by death cyclops which is cut short by maximal mayhemist.
After checking 3 wizards, there is more confusion. Page 21 (on my main that has 72 beastmoon badges) has only clock puppet (3rd from the top) but on the wizard with just 12 bm badges, page 21 has 11/100 time clams above it. Does this mean a badge area disappears upon receiving it? And also, page 22 has storm elf II above storm elf.

Other badge head-scratchers:

Clock Puppet badge reset a few months back for all those who had yet reached 100. This is most frustrating as my secondary wizard was at 97/100 when it reverted to 0/100. This causes tension within a group.

Pet lending badges are out of order. The last badge on page 4/5 for me is 125/1000 pets lent ... but on page 5/5 from the top is beneficent, philanthropic, generous. It should be beneficent, generous, philanthropic, 125/1000.

Also in Pet hatching badges, the 'pets collected' badge is majorly bugged in that it is not always counting newly hatched pets that go directly into the bank. Anyone can try this. How to do it:
Make your bank and backpack full. Make note of all your pet stats. Hatch to get a pet you do not have. Leave the newly hatched egg in the bank and check your stats again after it hatches.

Developer
I came across another few bugs related to Wizard City.

The "Three Streets Savior" and "Savior of Wizard City" badges are now impossible for max level wizards due to the "Gotta See Greta" quest becoming incompletable after Mirage.

Support said "this is working as intended" but I don't understand why they would retire these badges rather than fixing the quest bug. Please!

Developer
Thank you for the list. I'm going to go and knock out the easy ones and make sure we have tickets in for the ones I can't quickly take care of. A few I thought should be easy appear to be fighting me. Please keep the bugs coming.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Perhaps you can also look into the missing Karmella badges that no one has been able to get even though the conditions were posted somewhere by data miners.

This would include all the judge veg badges and several others, thanks!

Developer
If you know which badges from Karamelle aren't working, I can see about looking into them.