Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Daily Quest asking me to go to an area I haven't unlocked yet

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
I'm currently in Empyrea (just finished Inner Athanor), and most of my daily quests direct me to worlds in the first or second arc. However, there have been three instances now where it has asked me to visit or defeat something in an area of Empyrea that I have yet to unlock. Today, for example, is directing me to defeat something in Southwest Aero Plains... which is Empyrea Part 2, whereas I still haven't finished Empyrea pt.1. I've also noticed that this is not an issue any of my other, lower level characters have yet to run into, which leads me to believe this bug may be focused on Empyrea alone.

I know I could just ask somebody else to port me there, but I feel like the daily quests should be something you're able to do solo, and you shouldn't be assigned to go to a location you don't have access to yet. I would really appreciate if if y'all could take a look into this and see if you can fix it!

Survivor
Oct 09, 2009
Hi, so daily quests actually are not reflective on the areas you have unlocked but based on your level. If you are above level 125 while still in part one you will get quests for areas you have not unlocked. The game assumes that you have followed the level cap if you beat each world before new one comes out. It not really a glitch it somewhat like game telling someone to go to Wintertusk when you have not beat Grizzlehiem. If game believes you are a high enough to access an area it might give ya a daily quest regardless if you have access.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I want to help the OP get this more notice.

I had literally just begun Empyrea. I have only turned in the very first quest. Yesterday the DA (Daily Assignment) was to visit the 'Stomach' and defeat a Globulin. The only way I could make it there was by porting in. Luckily for me I can dual box my way in, but still, I had to wiki search where the Stomach is because there is no such place as the portal has it worded differently.

Kyuubi, that explanation should not be accepted. I'd much rather think this to be a glitch than an unfavorable game-making decision. Either way, this is something that needs to be brought up at the next KI meeting so it can be rectified.

M SilverCollar, thank you for starting this Topic. Please ask your wizardly friends to post to help get this fixed.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
Kyuubi reborn on Sep 11, 2021 wrote:
Hi, so daily quests actually are not reflective on the areas you have unlocked but based on your level. If you are above level 125 while still in part one you will get quests for areas you have not unlocked. The game assumes that you have followed the level cap if you beat each world before new one comes out. It not really a glitch it somewhat like game telling someone to go to Wintertusk when you have not beat Grizzlehiem. If game believes you are a high enough to access an area it might give ya a daily quest regardless if you have access.
That’s an interesting theory, but I don’t think it’s entirely accurate. I have two characters at the same level but in different worlds, and they often have different daily quests, whereas characters >10 levels apart but still in the same world have the same daily quests… which leads me to believe that it’s location-based, rather than level-based.

Explorer
May 28, 2012
I had posted this under stemogstel’s post topic: Can't help Team Up:

The Team-up Kiosk has been doing this for quite some time. It is especially noticed on crowns accounts where their level may be higher than the areas they have purchased due to random helping of others in the same areas they have currently completed. My one account did have at one time membership, was able to port and help my main account fire as she was a balance by dual boxing. Now at level 35 has only completed the first section of Marleybone but plays it safe by helping those in Krokotopia due to having completed the area except Beguiler. This is for the daily assignments.

What would help is having some sort of indication at the Kiosk of the dungeon being inaccessible due to no access like when trying to access an area that needs purchasing.

I also agree on the location being listed along with the activity requested.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
M SilverCollar on Sep 17, 2021 wrote:
That’s an interesting theory, but I don’t think it’s entirely accurate. I have two characters at the same level but in different worlds, and they often have different daily quests, whereas characters >10 levels apart but still in the same world have the same daily quests… which leads me to believe that it’s location-based, rather than level-based.
When I entered Empyrea, something quite interesting happened as I leveled up 2 wizards a day apart.
One wizard leveled and became lvl 129 while the other wizard did not turn in the quest and remained 127.
Both wizards DA's were in sync up until this. The very next day their DA's were in different worlds.
Then I turned in the first Empyrea quest and the lvl 127 leveled and became lvl 128. I might have done a quick quit-and-play (not sure but not really important anyway) and both their DA's have once again matched ever since.

The DA's on both wizards were separate for only a day. The level of the wizards did not matter. It was turning in the first Empyrea quest that changed it. I think this helps support your post.

Cheryl (thank you for all the charms!), I must be tired and not fully understanding your post so can you write it in another way please. :)

Anyways, it'd be nice if this sort of stuff would get fixed already. Knock it off with making the DA a place we've yet been to. And put back the team-up kiosk so high levels can help lower levels. And while you're at it, choose 1 name for the Stomach instead of confusing us. Have the DA say visit Sepidious since that's how we see it in-game.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Maceryn, Sparck,

Today's DA is once again is to defeat a Globulin in the Stomach, Empyrea. I have no way of getting here unless I dual box and port my way in.

Please make sure KI gets this fixed so it never happens again. Thank you.

And please tell whomever is in charge of these things to put in the correct name for the area. I have to google 'w101 stomach' to find it means Sepidious.

Explorer
May 28, 2012
stemogstel, I am sorry my post was confusing, I probably combined the two postings together: the one with the Team up Kiosk and Daily Assignments.

The Daily Assignment has been giving quests for locations not accessible to the wizards for quite some time, even though according to level they should be there.

My crowns account level 35 wizard was able to purchase Marleybone (Regent’s Square through Hyde Park) but currently is given occasional assignments in Scotland Yard and Knights Court which she has no access to but gets the DA in such areas. If she had membership she could port to someone, but being a crowns account, well…she has to let it sit and try again the next day. That account is not in use due to this problem.

I also agree on the location being listed along with the activity requested.

Administrator
Hello! Thank you for the reports! This has been noted and will get fixed when possible.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Maceryn on Oct 12, 2021 wrote:
Hello! Thank you for the reports! This has been noted and will get fixed when possible.
That's wonderful news! Hopefully today will be the last day of this occurrence? Once again, my lvl 128 and 129 wizards are being told to visit the Stomach to defeat one Globulin. Maybe this should not be the DA location until this gets fixed.
Honestly, if this is a known issue, why make us go there today? Once this was reported by us and especially since it was acknowledged, it should have been immediately removed from being a possibility.

Administrator
stemogstel on Oct 17, 2021 wrote:
That's wonderful news! Hopefully today will be the last day of this occurrence? Once again, my lvl 128 and 129 wizards are being told to visit the Stomach to defeat one Globulin. Maybe this should not be the DA location until this gets fixed.
Honestly, if this is a known issue, why make us go there today? Once this was reported by us and especially since it was acknowledged, it should have been immediately removed from being a possibility.
I wish everything could get fixed that fast...

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Another week and another occurrence. Having only just begun Empyrea, the portal to go anywhere is not yet in my existence. I know this is getting fixed but I honestly have to question it each time as it is not difficult for KI to STOP putting these areas as the go-to places. That is not even something to fix, just for them to stop doing it.

This problem should be fixed in the fall update.

Arthur (Gary)

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Oct 27, 2021 wrote:

Arthur (Gary)
Thank you for the update! This has been a very frustrating issue, so we will all be very happy to (hopefully) see it end!

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Oct 27, 2021 wrote:

Arthur (Gary)
When is the fall update? I ask because today is December 14 and the DA is in a location needing to be ported to.

My lvl 130 has to defeat 1 Flame Fury in Inner Athanor, Empyrea. When exactly can we expect this to get fixed?