Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making a guide on Reagent locations(?)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2019
Hi!

I've been getting into crafting a lot more since starting a new account a few months ago. When searching for sites that tell you the best places to get specific reagents, I've had a hard time with finding certain ones such as Frost Flowers and Blood Moss. So to help myself with crafting, I was debating making a Google Document complete guide for where the best places are to find each Reagent according to level/world accessibility as well as where to find transmute cards.

Would this be useful to make public? It would be updated with every new Reagent I find

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Greetings,

This is quite helpful and noble of you to wand to do.

But, there already exists a guide where many players often refer to when finding information on anything within the game.

It is called the Wizard101 Wiki.

It also has a page dedicated to all reagents in the game.

Category:Reagents - Wizard101 Wiki (wizard101central.com)

Survivor
Jul 10, 2012
Star Edward is right. That being said, you may want to make a note of where you get certain drops more frequently - while you can filter on the W101 Wiki, as far as I know there is no way to see how frequently items drop from enemies. I'm crafting a house currently that required me to get 120 leather straps, which don't drop anywhere after Zafaria. Knowing all enemies they can drop from does not help me to pick which ones to fight for the highest chance at getting them.

Oh, for what it's worth, you can edit your query on the wiki - if you're looking for one specific reagent that drops from enemies in one specific world, you can filter out the results you don't want! Just go to the reagent page you want, click "further results" under "Dropped By", and there should be an "Edit query" button at the top. If you're filtering by location - Wizard City, for example - you'd want to add another box that looks like this: [[LocatedInWorld::Location:Wizard City]]
(You may need to check to see if the results are offset; if there's a number in the "Offset" box underneath the "Query" box, delete it.) Then you hit the find results box under the boxes and you're done!

So for my leather straps example from earlier, I'd go to the leather straps page (hyperlinked here). I'd then hit "further results" under the list of enemies on the right, then hit "Edit query". There'll be text in a box that looks like this:
[[HasDrop::Reagent:Leather Straps]][[Creature:+]]

From there, I'd just add another line of text to it - if I'd like to look for leather straps only in Wizard City, my final query could look like this:
[[HasDrop::Reagent:Leather Straps]][[Creature:+]][[LocatedInWorld::Location:Wizard City]]

Then I'd hit "Find results" and have a filtered page that looks like this!

Survivor
Sep 17, 2019
This works on fishing as well . I found if you want to find more reagents go to the less populated areas like woo, vampire, wrath, so on and so forth. You can change every few min and usually find the same reagent in the same area that you are looking.