Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Skins

AuthorMessage
Developer
Hello Kingsisle!

I had what I think is an amazing idea for the game that would both enhance spells and give players more motivation to chase spellements. This would require implementing a new UI screen, but there's plenty of room on the "Spellwrighting Tiers" pages to add this.

Essentially player could pay Spellements (I'm guessing around 75 or 100) to add new "skins" to their spells! Another option could be you make a few of these skins in the Scroll of Fortune or the Crown Shop, but I think spellements would be the best way. Once they purchase a skin or two there would be a simple screen that lets them choose one to activate.

The skins could be a neat glow, new color scheme, or even some fun hats! The possibilities are endless! I thought of this because the final upgraded forms already have a glow, meaning you do have the tech to make certain versions of the spell look different, and I wanted the glow on my spell but couldn't care less about the 10 extra damage.

This would really help the new spells and any future ones where the damage or utility upgrades are not super helpful for players to acquire. I think a majority of the players would rather have cool skins on their spells to show off to their friends rather than a couple extra damage.

Hope you find this intriguing! It's a win-win!