Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Option to Organize Quest Log By World

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 13, 2021
Howdy howdy! Hope everyone's doing good!

Cutting right to the chase, I feel as if the current quest log system could do with some more organizing options. As far as I can tell, the only sense of 'organization' programmed into our quest logs is that main storyline quests are marked with stars. Which is great! I don't feel this is enough, though.

I'm not sure how it is in Arc 2 and 3, but you most definitely can have quests from at least 4 worlds at a time in Arc 1. As of writing, for me, this is Marleybone, Grizzleheim, Wysteria, and Aquila. I try to pick up every side quest to make future content a little easier, and because I just like exploring/100%-ing the story. However, the jumbled way quests are stored in our logs can make figuring out which quest is from where a bit disorientating - not to mention annoying! (Personally speaking, anyway). In my opinion, the current quest log system is just a bit too obtuse and a bit too outdated to handle how the game, at least in Act 1, wants you to explore it.

I feel there's a simple fix for this - organize quests by world! It doesn't even have to be a ground-up UI restructure. Adding code to the log so that quests group together by world would be enough. It would be a small quality of life update, but a well-appreciated one. At least for me, anyway!

Anyone else feel like the quest log page could do with some editing? Do you feel like it WOULD do better if it was completely redesigned, or just in need of some coding tweaks, like I'm suggesting here? I'd love to know!

(If this, or something like it, is already an option in the game and I'm just a big dumb-dumb who can't see, don't hesitate to say so!)