Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I think my account was hacked, but nothing was deleted

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 24, 2014
Hello,
I recently got back into Wizard101, and a few days ago my account was "locked" ( I had to enter a captcha to log in ). I looked around, and a post had said that an account could be locked if you log in from grub guardian or Freeki games. Since I had done trivia, I thought nothing of it. Yesterday I tried to log in, but my password was changed ( It wasn't that long and I know I didn't make a typo ). I went on the site to get a new, stronger password + master password, and went online.

None of my wizards were deleted, and all my items are fine. Is there something I should enable for account security? Should I let KI know what happened?

Administrator
CoolDog1776 on May 15, 2020 wrote:
Hello,
I recently got back into Wizard101, and a few days ago my account was "locked" ( I had to enter a captcha to log in ). I looked around, and a post had said that an account could be locked if you log in from grub guardian or Freeki games. Since I had done trivia, I thought nothing of it. Yesterday I tried to log in, but my password was changed ( It wasn't that long and I know I didn't make a typo ). I went on the site to get a new, stronger password + master password, and went online.

None of my wizards were deleted, and all my items are fine. Is there something I should enable for account security? Should I let KI know what happened?
This is most like a simple verification check depending on how recently you logged into the game.

Just to be sure though, feel free to contact support and we'll be happy to check over your account status: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game