Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Coronavirus and KI Events

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 05, 2010
Hellooo i would like to know if KingsIsIe is willing to make this week a little more exciting for the wiz community because of the recent lockdowns worldwide so would be cool if wiz101 throws different member benefits o something like that everyday so people can enjoy more and relax about the situation that unfortunately is happening

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Angelstorm17 on Mar 17, 2020 wrote:
Hellooo i would like to know if KingsIsIe is willing to make this week a little more exciting for the wiz community because of the recent lockdowns worldwide so would be cool if wiz101 throws different member benefits o something like that everyday so people can enjoy more and relax about the situation that unfortunately is happening
I agree with this sentiment, but I wonder if it is possible. Considering COVID-19 and how it's spread, something to lighten the mood would be welcomed by all. But KI staff themselves are likely also affected by this, so I'm not entirely sure whether or not something may happen. It would be appreciated, though.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
I left the earth long ago to join the spiral on a far far realm;
Can you explain me what is that plague you talk about? a resurgence of the rydall's plague?

Personally i recommend:
-To cut all link with my homeworld, i don't want to see such disaster spreading on wizard city
-To ask to Flora,Moolinda,Mellory and all life student from ravenwood and arcanum to prepare for emergency heal.
-if you don't have heal; to stay far from the doors that link all world and from the lays in the catacombs

-Death students: repeal spirits, they can spread the disease
-Fire students: Burn the corpse
-Balance student: Support the others
-Storm,Ice and Myth students: protect the spirals from the other threat (Monsters,aggresive people, Trolls and Enraged PvP Players.

Kane GoldenFlame,Master of the House GoldenFlame and his Family Erin,Lenora,Seth,Tara,Neela and Heather

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
This is a brilliant idea. We are self-quarantined at the moment because I am not feeling well (no tests available here yet, though), and added Wiz perks would be wonderful.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2015
I agree with this as well. I’ve noticed an increase in players online with so many people being quarantined/out of school and work (myself included). Some more benefits or specials would certainly be appreciated during these times.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Snee432 on Mar 17, 2020 wrote:
This is a brilliant idea. We are self-quarantined at the moment because I am not feeling well (no tests available here yet, though), and added Wiz perks would be wonderful.
I would love to see double or even quadruple pet experience. I think these things should be doubled for members at all times, by default, and then in certain cases they're doubled for everyone, which would basically make benefits like pet xp quadrupled for members during those periods. This would let people see what it would be like to have a membership and try it out, while also rewarding paying-players.

I think that when you pay for a membership, you shouldn't be discouraged to stay loyal to the game or enjoy extracurricular activities like gardening, fishing, pet training, etc. As for me, I refrain from pet training until double xp weekend comes around, because it's so painful to watch mega snacks being squandered. Also, it gets very annoying to have to remember to put on energy gear before you retire for the evening, only to find out it's fishing, reagents or gardening for another week, or to forget to put on your energy gear and find out it's double pet xp. I really think Kingsisle needs to make like a critical hit and double it all the way around. It would also be nice if they announced their plan for the month when they release their monthly newsletter, or if they announce these either 2 days or 1 week in advance.

Just to reiterate, I believe members should receive double pet xp, gardening rewards, reagent drops, and then Kingsisle could have weekends such as a Double Pet XP weekend, where members will in fact receive 4x XP and non-members will receive what members experience normally. This way, it doesn't feel punitive when the rewards event is over, and it really does feel like a special event that one would give up time on another game for.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2011
This would be fun! Maybe double pet xp / more events? :p

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I'll say again that something would be welcome. Up here in Canada my state is also in lockdown. Not to imply that what we have now isn't good enough, but with the sudden influx of players a little extra push is always helpful.

Also, A little something for KI. I know that their team is also in lockdown and working from home. I just wish them and everyone else mercy in this event.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
During these trying times it is easy to get down and be sad.. I am glad Wizard 101 is here to help take our minds off of the scary stuff out there.

Remember my fellow wizards This too shall pass.. Love to you all! It's gonna be OK!!

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I also wanted to throw some well wishes to the KI team, hope all of you stay safe during this outbreak!
Thank you so much for providing us wizards with a safe, virus free place to be! I love to come home and log into the spiral where there is no pandemic or fear. Just fun and frivolity

Thank you for the spiral!

Autumn WH 125

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
A Weekend Crowns Sale maybe??
So Many New things to buy!!
Please Consider!

Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
QUOTED by Idony09: During these trying times it is easy to get down and be sad.. I am glad Wizard 101 is here to help take our minds off of the scary stuff out there.

Remember my fellow wizards This too shall pass.. Love to you all! It's gonna be OK!!

I certainly hope that Wizard101 is here and hopefully remains here. From what I heard about the Corona Virus, it's causing non-essential businesses to shut down and people can't leave their homes. I am hoping that this won't affect you people in KI because if Trump decides to enact policy forbidding any businesses except groceries and hospitals you may be unable to come to work as you work in a small cubical space which is Red Flag Virus Central! (I have seen your KI Lives and see you people cheek and cheek, anyone who comes in with a cold could give it to everyone.)

Please don't flag me for Doom-And-Gloom but I had this scenario in my head where you slowly shut down Wizard101 and Pirate101 indefinitely and, eventually, rebooted them as Spiral201 or something, similar to how Square-Enix canceled the first issue of Final Fantasy XIV in a glorious epic cutscene of apocalyptic DOOM and then, two months later, re-released FFXIV as "A Realm Reborn" which had a different story. Not that I mind, I know you guys will eventually phase out Wizard101 and Pirate101 for Wizard201 and Pirate201 in the years to come as you get more technical and can do more CGI HD things. I love Polaris so far and hope you are still around when Cassandra Starshade and Christina Dragonheart travel to Mirage.

It's just a bummer that this Virus is ruining gaming experiences. E3 2020 is no more, all gaming conventions are canceled for the year, it goes on and on. It's nice to see one group stick to their guns. I hope you guys all remain healthy and have gallons of hand sanitizer.

Administrator
Thank you everyone for the thoughts during this time. Just so you know, we're all doing fine and the games are doing just fine. Lots of people are playing in part because they have no where else to go right now. I'm glad that we're able to provide this welcoming environment for others in this time of social need.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
I was thinking KI would open up all of WC for a few weeks with 40,000 plus people recently layed off living on unemployment been a very nice gesture, but HEY! 50% off packs and a new old mount

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Come to think of it... now would be a great time to connect to players with Community Livestreams.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
Yeah, missed the boat, but to be honest, Wizard101 isn't as fun as it used to be now that I am in Polaris. I am decidedly not continuing the story as I am writing down my experiences and it's a bit of a drag. Anyways, I agree that Firecat Alley and Cyclops Lane should be promoted to free-to-play areas and the rest of the month should have sample zones for the rest of the Wizard City areas to help people get together and get through Wizard City.

The pack discounts was nice but I didn't feel the desire to place any money on any of the bundles, even though the Fishing Bundle would be nice and I do like the Castaway house.

Also, I want to shout out something to get it off my chest: I don't think a virus is going to be stopped by a year of quarantine. At best it'll not spread but eventually someone will break out of prison to meet someone for romance or other purposes and the virus will continue its spread. The world needs a cure and vaccine to end this social distancing crisis.

Administrator
Lookit Light on Mar 26, 2020 wrote:
Come to think of it... now would be a great time to connect to players with Community Livestreams.
Agreed!

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
Stormwind 8108 on Mar 17, 2020 wrote:
I left the earth long ago to join the spiral on a far far realm;
Can you explain me what is that plague you talk about? a resurgence of the rydall's plague?

Personally i recommend:
-To cut all link with my homeworld, i don't want to see such disaster spreading on wizard city
-To ask to Flora,Moolinda,Mellory and all life student from ravenwood and arcanum to prepare for emergency heal.
-if you don't have heal; to stay far from the doors that link all world and from the lays in the catacombs

-Death students: repeal spirits, they can spread the disease
-Fire students: Burn the corpse
-Balance student: Support the others
-Storm,Ice and Myth students: protect the spirals from the other threat (Monsters,aggresive people, Trolls and Enraged PvP Players.

Kane GoldenFlame,Master of the House GoldenFlame and his Family Erin,Lenora,Seth,Tara,Neela and Heather
LOL!!! I love your creativity

~Kayla Griffin, Lvl 118 ~Esmee Deathblood, Lvl 42 ~Jacqueline Lifefriend, Lvl 42, ~Isabella Fairytail, Lvl 35, ~Kayla Griffin, Lvl 34

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Just want to say I hope everyone is well, and is dealing well with quarantine if your city is in lock down mode.

Be safe and stay well out there!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
SparkleTude on Mar 31, 2020 wrote:
Just want to say I hope everyone is well, and is dealing well with quarantine if your city is in lock down mode.

Be safe and stay well out there!
Aye. Wizard101 is a welcome distraction for me too. Canada is having it a little bit rough right now, but I'm just really hoping that all you American players are also fine because I know you've got it much worse then we do.

Screw this one virus in particular. Remember to wash your hands. And make sure you don't lose your sanity while you're at it.