Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Current State of Filtered Chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 16, 2013
The filtered chat has been grinding my gears for as long as I can remember. I remember being 12 years old many years ago being so exited to turn 18 to get rid of the obnoxious white bubble next to my title. From seeing "..." to "Oh hey, I am sorry I do not have open chat, can you please type your message again." It gets so frustrating when I, an adult now, has to type like a five year old. Actually, let me type that in filtered chat: "It gets so frustrating when I, an adult now, has to type like a ..." - ridiculous. I would like to call upon Kingsisle to open the open cheat feature for fellows Wizards like myself who struggle from this communication barrier or to reform filtered chat at the least. We love the game and have all been playing since the start. I think its time filtered chat gets changed.

David TitanStrider

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Davidxx13 on Mar 12, 2020 wrote:
The filtered chat has been grinding my gears for as long as I can remember. I remember being 12 years old many years ago being so exited to turn 18 to get rid of the obnoxious white bubble next to my title. From seeing "..." to "Oh hey, I am sorry I do not have open chat, can you please type your message again." It gets so frustrating when I, an adult now, has to type like a five year old. Actually, let me type that in filtered chat: "It gets so frustrating when I, an adult now, has to type like a ..." - ridiculous. I would like to call upon Kingsisle to open the open cheat feature for fellows Wizards like myself who struggle from this communication barrier or to reform filtered chat at the least. We love the game and have all been playing since the start. I think its time filtered chat gets changed.

David TitanStrider
I must object on this matter. Filtered Chat provides a safety net for younger minors playing this game. It allows them to communicate with others, but still prevents them from getting exposed to distasteful words or language. Any change that isn't updating the word list would have to be met with very serious consideration from them and us as a community.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
Filtered chat is fine. Open chat is not so when you pay and meet the criteria and it is not given.

Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
Open Chat has multiple prerequisites.

1. The initial account needs to have been told as 18 years or older as their records don't have a way to backtrack to see if the account it now eligible for Open Chat.
2. The account needs to have made an online purchase, such as crowns, membership, or an online bundle.

If either of these are not able to be met, Than you will remain with Text/Filtered chat.

One way to get your character to an account that has both conditions met, is to make sure both accounts have a membership, then to send KI asking if the wizard in question could be moved from Filtered Chat account to Open Chat account.

I am not sure the requirements of the memberships to know if you need a one month, or more to do this

Good Luck Young Wizard in your tasks to gain the ability of Open Chat!