Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Data Usage, Why Suddenly Is Wiz Consuming Data?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2014
Took me a while to notice, a friend first brought it to my attention, but Wiz is now consuming prodigious amounts of data.My question is why? I never recall it doing that before.Very disappointed, feeling ripped off, just renewed membership. I was on a unlimited data plan, but being a senior on a fixed income, I needed to cut back. I figured on downsizing my plan to save money, and use the savings to continue my membership. Now I got a membership, and may not be able to play, due to data restrictions. So why the change? Does anyone know? Can we go back to old version of the game that don't eat up data like crazy?

Administrator
Eightball88 on Jun 8, 2019 wrote:
Took me a while to notice, a friend first brought it to my attention, but Wiz is now consuming prodigious amounts of data.My question is why? I never recall it doing that before.Very disappointed, feeling ripped off, just renewed membership. I was on a unlimited data plan, but being a senior on a fixed income, I needed to cut back. I figured on downsizing my plan to save money, and use the savings to continue my membership. Now I got a membership, and may not be able to play, due to data restrictions. So why the change? Does anyone know? Can we go back to old version of the game that don't eat up data like crazy?
This issue has been fixed. Please let us know if it happens to occur again in the future! Thanks