Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New teleport effects

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
With the recent updates coming, there are new teleport effects, so far the chicken feathers are all we’ve seen but KI did say more were on the way. That got me thinking, should we give each school its own individual teleportation effect or possibly add one for each school? These were my ideas.

Fire teleport effect: An explosion of bright orange flames and brimstone, fiery red hot rocks bounce across the ground, leaving a burn mark under the player's feet.

Ice teleport effect: A huge ice cube forms with the player inside and shatters, releasing the player

Storm teleport effect: I had 2 in mind. A storm cloud forms and a large purple lightning bolt crashes down, the player standing over a burn mark on the ground. OR a small tornado swirls around in place, small lightning bolts crash outwards and debris swirl around it, the tornado disappears and leaves the player behind

Life: A whirlwind of leaves and flowers swirls around in place, after the whirlwind disappears, it leaves behind the player

Myth: A book appears on the ground and opens, a large whirlwind of book pages swirls around and then vanishes, leaving the player.

Death: An explosion of ghosts and bats fly outwards and spiders crawl out from under the player.

Balance: Not sure on this since balance isn’t a class I really like but I’ll wing it. A sandstorm swirls in place and leaves behind a pile of sand that blows away and leaves the player behind.

What do all of you think? Think these would make good school-related teleports? What teleport effects do you want to see added to the game? List them below!

~Wolf CrowCaller~

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
These are nice!

Also, I didn't see you mention the sound effects here.

As such, I also thing customizable sound effects sound work alongside the teleport effects. Such as the death one you mentioned. Maybe upon teleporting away, sounds of a banshee or bats swirling can be heard instead of one universal sound to cover everything.

Additionally, I think the game/KI can also ask us, the community to possible design effects and the best ones be incorporated within the game!

These can of course be tested within the test realm for only a brief time (maybe a day or two) and the community can possibly vote on the ones worth keeping.

Look into it KI.

The community is beaming with ideas!