Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Graphical Glitch in the Myth Tower (Classic Mode)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
There is a really strange graphical glitch going on in the Myth Tower in Ravenwood on my system. The walls keep flickering between the Myth Tower assets and the Life Tower assets inside the tower. This only seems to occur in the Myth Tower and in Classic Mode. None of the other towers, nor does the updated graphics have this issue. In other games and in the 3D art world, we call this z-fighting. Where two planes of geometry are occupying the same coordinates in the game world, causing the planes to flicker because the game doesn't know which one to display. It look rather odd. Would someone take a look to confirm or deny if this is an issue with the game as a whole, or if it's just on my end? Thanks.

Administrator
Eathe on Dec 26, 2018 wrote:
There is a really strange graphical glitch going on in the Myth Tower in Ravenwood on my system. The walls keep flickering between the Myth Tower assets and the Life Tower assets inside the tower. This only seems to occur in the Myth Tower and in Classic Mode. None of the other towers, nor does the updated graphics have this issue. In other games and in the 3D art world, we call this z-fighting. Where two planes of geometry are occupying the same coordinates in the game world, causing the planes to flicker because the game doesn't know which one to display. It look rather odd. Would someone take a look to confirm or deny if this is an issue with the game as a whole, or if it's just on my end? Thanks.
This sometimes will occur with exactly overlapping textures. We'll take a look!