Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Vets and Rewards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
This game is extremely lacking in rewarding dedicated players. The first and last time I can remember long term players getting rewarded was from the special dragon mounts and statues. I think more and or new rewards should be handed out to the players to make them feel more welcome and well.. special for the hard time and effort they put into years of commitment. Someday I would love to see a tier of rewards for the amount of years you have spent playing Wizard101. If possible instead of a mount or housing items, how about actual gear (no stats) to be used as a stitch including a matching set of hat, robe, shoes, and a wand.

Survivor
Oct 13, 2012
I know right. I remember that anniversary when we got that special dragon mount. I didn't get off that mount till today. it was such a special moment. now days the rewards for veterans are lacking so badly. I been playing this game since 2009 when mooshu was last world. they really need to give rewards to players for their dedication but nooo look at wht they did. Spend 550k crowns in event to get a stupid mount. KI now just wants money nothing more

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
I know right, it’s not really fair. My first account was made in 2009, this one in 2011? Almost 8 years and kingisle has yet to show loyalty to its players.

For players who have accounts for at least 8 years should get a free bundle redeem code. This code would be given and could be redeemed on kingisle website.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I agree with rewarding long-term players but I think there has to be much thought over what is appropriate in a children's game that has been running 10 years. Rewarding people for playing from the start, while excluding the target market is like walking across a frozen lake as it's beginning to thaw!

W101 is E10 and designed for children. It's awesome that adults love it too and that there are players who have been dedicated to the game since it began 10 years ago...but let's not forget that the target market were not even born or were still wearing diapers when it came out! Anyone who has been playing from the start is now an adult! It seems like a kick in the teeth to the children who are the target market to reward a bunch of adults who want recognition for being here longer than kids who were not even managing to feed themselves yet lol.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Lukeskywalker1313 on Nov 16, 2018 wrote:
I know right, it’s not really fair. My first account was made in 2009, this one in 2011? Almost 8 years and kingisle has yet to show loyalty to its players.

For players who have accounts for at least 8 years should get a free bundle redeem code. This code would be given and could be redeemed on kingisle website.
While I do agree on most of the points from these posters; I take a BIG issue that KI "has yet to show loyalty to its players".
Players of Wizard101 get most of the attention to their game from KI, They get packs and bundles and new worlds with updated story-lines almost before the old story gets cold. They get extra activities that hold their attention and gets them to come back, while waiting the short time for an update.
Players of Pirate101 haven't received the attention and care bestowed upon wizards. We DON'T get any of those things you now have. We didn't even get a tier of gifts for the amount of time we've played P101 for the 5th. year celebration.
You guys get everything and are spoiled rotten.
Still, recognition of player loyalty is very important.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Besides what I said before: what do you think the Anniversary Statue was? It was a gift and not by account but by wizard. If you're upset that you didn't get more because you've been playing longer than others, I don't think that's a good atitude to have.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
This has been addressed before:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/badge-for-2008-players-8ad6a42461dbb3480161fd8ec0932a8b?reset=1

My opinion is still that as before and I agree with Victoria. This is a game designed for kids so there really isn't any need to reward the "old players" if they aren't currently active. It's the active and playing players in that moment that are worth rewarding.

If they were to reward "old accounts" I would suggest rewarding something like a badge for an account that is ONE year or older. That way it is possible for people to achieve, but at the same time not everyone would have to wait for 10 years or feel bad if they missed the technical cutoff.