Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Khrysalis harder than Azteca?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2014
about to finish Azteca so I want to know in advance. I hope it's not very hard.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I would say that, overall, Khrysalis is actually a little bit easier than Azteca. This is due to a change in game mechanics that takes place in Khrysalis when you get a little ways into the first major area. It is the longest world, and the bosses are formidable cheaters ... however, KI realized how long and tedious Azteca was and changed the way we quest in Khrysalis to help us out.

Don't want to give away more than that so you won't be spoiled, but just know that help arrives from quite a few unexpected directions.

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
FluffyMarycorphus on Aug 26, 2018 wrote:
about to finish Azteca so I want to know in advance. I hope it's not very hard.
By far easier than most of Azteca. In Azteca, you were fighting bosses with ridiculously high health and you'd be at maybe Alto Alto before you got Sharpened Blade and Potent Trap, two cards that make questing so much easier. I actually quit for about a month at around Cenote because it was so dry and boring, and my mammoths were not really cutting it, etc. Not to mention, it was at around Pitch Black Lake where I finally got my level 88 spell that did actual damage. And all the while you're probably using Waterworks gear, which gets very outdated in Azteca. I think the only thing that kept me playing this game over the course of that world was the storyline, which is still my favorite storyline of any world this game has had so far.

Bottom line, Azteca's gameplay is by far my least favorite of all the worlds, but the storyline was really well done.

As for Khrysalis, part 1 gets a little draggy but as soon as you pass Crescent Beach you're basically in the home stretch. I've seen mobs with 2276 health in the Kondha Desert. To add to all this, you get Shadow Shrike/Sentinel/Seraph after the Eclipse Tower, which basically means that training point you spent on prisms is wasted.

Okay maybe not wasted, but Shrike literally gives +50% pierce. That's not something you just give up.

Darkmoor gear and spells make most of what's across Starfall Sea very easy. As long as you get that shadow pip you'll be knocking out bosses in one hit but for far less pips.

This was way longer than I intended it to be. Around 450 characters left.