Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Verboten mimic ring drop rates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2013
The skeleton key boss in mirage "Verboten Mimic" drops the best critical ring in the game.I, like others, wanted to achieve perfection with my storm wizard. But unfortunately, the drop rates are soooooooooooooooooo low, it is almost negligible. I suspect the problem is, my storm wizard receives other school rings as well which makes storm ring even more rarer to get. I wish kingsisle looks into this problem and makes W101 a happier place for wizards who aim to achieve perfection.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2015
I agree! I'm not sure how many runs you've done, but so far I'm at 41 and counting with no success. At some point it stops becoming fun and turns very frustrating. It'd be nice if on, say, the 50th run of something you could choose the drop you want from a boss. Or maybe the 100th run, but something that ensures you'll get what you've worked so hard to obtain. Or make a badge that you can earn by doing so many runs. Something concrete to reach for.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
I realize this is an old-ish post but I just came back to wizard101 about 2 months ago. I did all of the content that was added from krysalis to empyrea. I farmed darkmoor and it seemed like forever to get the last piece which was athame from yevgeny. He just didn't want to give it up but finally got it. But seriously this ring, I mean it costs a gold key each time and I wouldn't even mind waiting on ring if the rest of the stuff he dropped wasn't garbage. Black cat treasure cards...seriously? I realize it's probably one of the easiest gold key bosses but jeez I would prefer a harder fight with better drops to this nonsense.