Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-9-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Friday is here, and you know what that means, right? Yes indeed, time for another topic!

In case you missed it, the Friendship Festival is in full swing. Check it out HERE. In honor of the holiday, we're taking nominations for the first ever award for the FRIENDLIEST (non-player) CHARACTER in the Spiral. Who would you vote for? Why are they so friendly? Also, who could be a little MORE friendly?

Looking forward to your nominations. Have a friendly Friday and a wonderful weekend everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
It's Zeke -
He always remember's us. Even when we were new he was helpful to students. He's a busy guy with lots to do always with his wares and the travel, but he's also always helping with those critters he loses track of. He's helpful, funny and personable.

Cyrus could be nicer, but that might be a little much to ask.

Instead I'd say Ambrose, who is very nice already --but I'd love to have a weekly tea with him and hear stories from his youth and training and adventures as he wended his way to being headmaster of a magic school.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2010
Dyvim Whitehart, he is very friendly in general and very courageous. (Also the buffs he gives to the player is very nice ). Who could be more friendly?

*SPOILER*

Grandmother Raven lol.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2015
Definitely Hetch Al'Dim, Best side quest story line in the game! Love the fact you can save salamanders from their slavery and learn about them too!

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
I definitely vote for Merle Ambrose, because despite all the things happen to his school, he’s still the nicest npc I’ve ever met, but if I could vote for two, prospector zeke!

Librarian Fitzhume could be way more friendlier but that’s probably too much to ask lol

Daniel
Champion Necromancer lvl 125
Revered Crafter

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
For friendliest NPC, I vote for Istar, the genie who helps us in Mirage. She's non-stop talkative, with good intentions that always backfire. Lord, I learned a lot about Purrzian politics from her!

Someone who could stand some lessons in being nicer is Morganthe, at every stage of her life. She was so spoiled and imperious, no wonder she went so terribly astray. Maybe if she was taught how to be kind, she wouldn't have been so hungry for power that she practically destroyed the Spiral and forced us to do ... what we had to do in order to save it. (Don't want to reveal any major spoilers.)

But yeah, it's safe to say Morganthe being friendlier might have saved us a whole lot of trouble later on.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Isaac Iceslinger here!
And in terms of most nicest NPC
the obvious choice is Merl or Zeke but i think someone else deserves the spotlight
and that is Lydia Greyrose! Such a nice teacher who has guided me through all my adventures in the spiral and sure to hear about more to come

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
The obvious answer here is Prospector Zeke. He's like a kindly grandpa who always has something for you in his pocket.

I would also like to nominate Shelus Gruffheart, he's kind, jovial, and very nice when you find what he's looking for. I wouldn't mind seeing more of him throughout the Spiral.

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
And I forgot about who could be friendlier...

Sorry to say but that would be you Professor. I mean really, after the Professor and I helped you out back when you were a student in the Ice School, not once have you ever said a Thank You.

8-)
Steven

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
I don't understand how this question really benefits Wizard101 players. In my opinion, a topic labeled as feedback should be a place for members to voice their ideas and opinions on how to improve Wizard101.

But to answer your question, I think Mr. Lincoln deserves some credit. I feel like most of the helpful advice/pop ups come from him and they are always worded politely. I have to agree with the other people who commented this and say that Cyrus Drake could be a little nicer, same with some of the 'bugs' in Khrysalis.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
What a FUN question!

Oh, there are so many. Too many choices! The obvious choices are Prospector Zeke, Headmaster Merle Ambrose and Professor Lydia Greyrose - they are just incredibly friendly and helpful.

The obvious choice for friendlier? Who else? Professor Cyrus Drake.

What you did not ask is who is most ANNOYING! That prize is easy, there is only one - ABIGAIL DOOLITTLE in Marleybone! I swear I wanted to hex her by the time I was finished running all over the place to do her job!

I loved the player who answered that she votes for making Morganthe more friendly. LOL! We wouldn't have much of a game if that happened, would we? But great answer!

Personally, I found most of the Dragonspyre NPC's to be a bit lacking in hospitality. I think they could be a bit warmer. Yes, I know they are ghosts, but they want an awful lot of help!

The Celestians are a cold breed, but I guess that is just their way. The Water Moles almost make up for it! They are SO cute! So long as they know you are not there to kill them, they love to help!

I have found most of the Zafarian NPC's to be extremely warm and friendly. You want to help them, just because. Same in Azteca - considering those creatures are doomed, they are amazingly hospitable.

Great question. Fun to think about! I would LOVE to see more interaction with NPC's, even just a rotating chat so you can talk to them again after your quests end.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
DaisySee on Feb 10, 2018 wrote:
I don't understand how this question really benefits Wizard101 players. In my opinion, a topic labeled as feedback should be a place for members to voice their ideas and opinions on how to improve Wizard101.

But to answer your question, I think Mr. Lincoln deserves some credit. I feel like most of the helpful advice/pop ups come from him and they are always worded politely. I have to agree with the other people who commented this and say that Cyrus Drake could be a little nicer, same with some of the 'bugs' in Khrysalis.
DaisySee,
The whole Dorms message board is for us to say any polite thing we want to say regarding how to make the game better. I think this one thread is just for the creators to ask players for feedback on specific subjects. I don't know for sure, but I imagine they are either considering a side story that would alter the character of an NPC or reveal back story on them and are are seeing who we'd have the most fun with. Or they're stumped on something and don't want to give too much away, but are waiting to see some one of our comments that sparks an idea for them.

Either or neither way--this is the place for them to ask us anything and the rest of The Dorm is for us to ask them.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
The friendliest would have to be Professor Malistaire as he may have been evil, but it was his own special way of making sure his death students were strong enough and prepared for the tough battles ahead of them. and one NPC who could be friendlier is Professor Moolinda, as she seems to never leave her classroom.

i wish death students could eventually learn new spells from Malistaire's ghost in a new world.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Professor Falmea on Feb 9, 2018 wrote:
Friday is here, and you know what that means, right? Yes indeed, time for another topic!

In case you missed it, the Friendship Festival is in full swing. Check it out HERE. In honor of the holiday, we're taking nominations for the first ever award for the FRIENDLIEST (non-player) CHARACTER in the Spiral. Who would you vote for? Why are they so friendly? Also, who could be a little MORE friendly?

Looking forward to your nominations. Have a friendly Friday and a wonderful weekend everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I really liked Captain K'torr J'rrol in the Tyrian Gorge. He had this really silly voice and always made random comments about your adventures in Khrysalis. "Wooahhhhhh you stink of Crystal Geodes!"

Administrator
Well, it sounds like Zeke wins, hands down! Three cheers for Zeke!

Area51Alien, apologies if my younger self wasn't as friendly as could be. Surly teenagers and all that...

New topic coming up shortly, stay tuned!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea