Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make amber more easy to get!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2015
Title says it all,

This would also be good if you could transmute it if there are people out there who don't garden.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Nowadays, most of us just refer to farming to get Amber.

Gladiator Dimachaerus for example seems to be a little understanding of our struggle to get the reagent and hands them out fairly readily.

But, I'd encourage you to garden to increase your chances of getting the reagent.

To let you know as well, a transmute recipe does exists.

Sold by Shane MacGobbhann (Recipe Vendor in The Wild, Avalon), it requires some rare reagents of it's own.
5 Merle Whisker, 5 Amber Dust, 15 Sunstone and 10 Golden Pearls.

Which begs the question, what's the point of having a transmute recipe if the ingredients for the transmute are just as improbable to get as the original reagent you're trying to create?

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
I'd suggest, in addition to farming, you try gardening too. Even though the plants the drop the reagent don't do so often, the fact remains that they do.

A little goes a long way and it can add up.

A transmute recipe is there by the way, it's just that the reagents needed to craft one amber is just as rare as the amber itself!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Star Edward on Jan 21, 2018 wrote:
Nowadays, most of us just refer to farming to get Amber.

Gladiator Dimachaerus for example seems to be a little understanding of our struggle to get the reagent and hands them out fairly readily.

But, I'd encourage you to garden to increase your chances of getting the reagent.

To let you know as well, a transmute recipe does exists.

Sold by Shane MacGobbhann (Recipe Vendor in The Wild, Avalon), it requires some rare reagents of it's own.
5 Merle Whisker, 5 Amber Dust, 15 Sunstone and 10 Golden Pearls.

Which begs the question, what's the point of having a transmute recipe if the ingredients for the transmute are just as improbable to get as the original reagent you're trying to create?

Why yes of course Mr. Wizard you can transform lead into gold.

You'll need 2 lumps of lead, Basilisk venom and 20 gold coins (not just any gold coins, rare Queen's Head Image coins from Marleybone).

That is how I felt when I bought Shane recipe.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Jan 02, 2011
Hi there!

Another way to buy Amber is by buying them from Diego with tickets! I think they cost around 1,000-2,000?

So what I like to do is participate in tournaments! Most of the time it's quick and easy (Especially because Diego has his timer) Plus there's no ranking system for tournaments!

I hope I helped!
Jack Legend

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Farming and Gardening is the best and quickest way to get Amber. Others have suggested the Gladiator, I'm a Crowns player and I buy only necessary zones in the game. So I suggest Snowbeard in Polaris.
Others have suggested gardening King Parsley for Amber, but I got good results with both KP and Queen Crape Myrtle.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I garden king parsley constantly and very rarely do they drop amber. I have a garden of 12 at a time because of another garden and it takes to much energy for more. I get maybe one drop of amber in having them harvest at elder in about 10 harvest's. So yes please make it more easy to get. Every spell we need to craft takes amber. maybe you could start putting them in the silver chest. Same for the shining scales.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I'm not going to encourage anyone to do what they may not want to do but I will say farming Gladiator in Mount Olympus is the better way to get Amber and yes you can buy Transmute to Amber recipe from Shane MacGobbhann in the Wild, Avalon. Gardening for amber is good to but what if people don't want to garden. It may not be their thing. Garden takes time to maintain and energy everyday till your plants are ready to harvest. If you miss 1 day to attend to your plants, the're dead. Then you have to start over with new seeds. I feel Amber drops should increase and not necessarily by the Gladiator.