Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

should i do grizzheim?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 17, 2017
hello i have gotten to the vault keeper in dragonspyre (level 41 currently) but i have also gotten to mirkholm keep in grizzleheim, should i go and do the rest of grizzleheim and come back to dragonspyre?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
sparkyrestrictedpa... on Nov 24, 2017 wrote:
hello i have gotten to the vault keeper in dragonspyre (level 41 currently) but i have also gotten to mirkholm keep in grizzleheim, should i go and do the rest of grizzleheim and come back to dragonspyre?
Since Dragonspyre is mandatory and Grizzleheim isn't, I'd finish Dragonspyre.

Parts of Grizzleheim are difficult. I would go back to that much later.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Where you're at now in Grizzleheim is considered suitable for level 35 and up. The next area is a series of dungeons that are challenging, and were designed for level 40 and up. After that will be Ravenscar, originally designed for level 45 and up.

These areas give great drops to sell for gold, but very little experience.

When you finish all the areas of Grizzleheim, Wintertusk becomes available. You can theoretically start it at level 45, but I'd strongly urge you to wait until you hit level 48 at the very earliest before trying to quest there. Having your Storm Lord spell will make a huge difference.

Your question was, what order to do things. Partly, that's up to you. How much challenge do you want...?

Wintertusk is a HUGE leap in difficulty from either Grizzleheim or Dragonspyre. It was actually designed for wizards at level 55 or higher, and the experience that you gain in this area is tremendous. The drops are worth a fortune in gold and, doing this side world leads to many key utility spells that come later in the game. The crafted gear there for level 56 is considered the best in the game, and many wizards use the crafted ring and athame for the next 35 levels. (Yes, it's that good!)

The other route you can take is to finish Dragonspyre and then Celestia, and finally enter Wintertusk around level 55-60. It will be a lot easier for you to do it then.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jun 18, 2015
you should do grizzleheim for the exp that wintertusk gives out after grizzle it will help you with celestia highly recommended

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Even though Grizzleheim is a side world, it is very important. It is also important that you complete this world in it's entirety along with the upcoming world of Wintertusk which follows directly after.

Now, in terms of beginning. Note that the experience throughout Grizzleheim is extremely low. Nothing to get you any levels. So, my advice to you is to level up by doing Dragonspyre until you learn Storm Lord. This spell will be game changers in many of your battles you will have in GH and Wintertusk.

Now, you can complete Gh and then return to Dragonspyre, continue your questing (including Zeke's Quests) until you learn your level 48 spell, or until you complete the world.

Now, you can either return to GH (at this point, it should now be Wintertusk) which will be challenging or begin Celestia.

My advice? Begin Wintertusk, it is that worth it. The experience, story, gear, gold etc to be gained here is worth it. It's worth the struggle, the annoyance and the anger. Note however that you should not approach this world like you did DS or GH as their is a steep increase in difficulty among mobs/bosses.

Completing the world also provides access to very useful spells and pets!

Survivor
Nov 17, 2017
Thanks everyone i just finished dragonspyre and grizzleheim yesterday thou im not doing wintertusk now since it's challenging

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
i would recommend completing grizzleheim after dragonspyre. then after you've completed grizzleheim i would continue back to the main questline leading to celestia