Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frame rate absolutely horrible with new wizards???

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 24, 2012
So I thought I would make a new Life wizard, go quest him up to level 20, right? Wrong.
As soon as i got out of character creation and skipped the tutorial I started lagging horrendously. Every 2 seconds i will freeze for 1.5 seconds, (Yes I counted.) I tried changing realms, still had massive lag. I was able to get to Triton avenue, and what should of took me 30 or 40 minutes of questing took me TWO HOURS! I went back to all the places I visited on my older Myth, and he had no lag at all, everything was running smoothly. Went back to my life and the lag started up again.
Has this happened to anybody else? What can I do to fix this?

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
So like, I fixed this by turning off quest helper.
MY question is, why does quest helper induce that much lag? and Are you guys at Kingsisle working on a fix?

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
I don't think that Quest Helper/Finder has anything to do with this. It sounds like you are in a full realm, a crowded area, or your computer needs some maintenance. Try disk cleanup, disk defrag, and try to use Malware Bytes to scan for any threats on your computer. Also, disable unnecessary startup programs and services to allow more space on your RAM. Update your computer if needed, and make sure all of your drivers are up-to-date. If all else fails, try reinstalling the game. If this does not fix your problem, contact your service provider and make sure your internet connection is not weak or damaged. Lack of secure internet can also affect lag, which I encountered several years ago. Since then I have switched providers which seemed to boost my speed in general as well as the game. Happy questing!