Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help me please

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2016
I created a wizard on my child's account because he wanted me to try the game and I quite enjoy it I should say :D. I want to use open chat but I am stuck using text chat please explain to me how to fix that. Also I relived I need to make a credit card purchase, I have bought crowns to confirm I am +18, thank you.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
You can't buy crowns to prove that you're over +18. My recommendation, if you haven't bought anything yet, just simply make another account and say your age. Then your chat will be fixed. And even if you spent crowns, sense it's on your child's account it won't be wasted, you need to ask yourself. Would I rather have my old account, or get open chat on my new account? Hope this helps

Katie LifeSword

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Katie LifeSword on Nov 14, 2016 wrote:
You can't buy crowns to prove that you're over +18. My recommendation, if you haven't bought anything yet, just simply make another account and say your age. Then your chat will be fixed. And even if you spent crowns, sense it's on your child's account it won't be wasted, you need to ask yourself. Would I rather have my old account, or get open chat on my new account? Hope this helps

Katie LifeSword
Problem with that is he will be spending money on 2 memeberships

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Check in the account settings for the open chat. I don;t believe you can get open chat if the account was made with the birthday of someone under the age of 18.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2016
Thank you for your help I think that I'll just keep the one I have and deal with it.